Whats good hardware for a LP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats good hardware for a LP?

I'm thinking about replacing the stock bridge and tuners on my Epiphone LP Custom.
    Mostly to change the looks and maybe even something with better quality?

The tuning pegs are keystone shaped so I think there is Gotoh hardware on it now? Is Gothoh decent stuff?
    I'd like to hear your opinions/experiences.

Re: Whats good hardware for a LP?

Anyone?

Comment

Be careful before purchasing hardware, since the measurements might be off from Gibson or other aftermarket parts. I'm not sure. Personally, I think the hardware is probably fine. Before changing that, I'd put a C-5/59 or Custom/59 in it, and possibly change out the plastic nut for a perfectly cut bone one. Do that, and you'll notice a big difference, especially if the setup is dead on.
      Originally posted by Boogie Bill
      I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Agreed. I looked at replacing the tuners on my Epi LP before I sold it. I wanted to put Grovers on there....it would have required reaming the existing holes to a larger size. I'm sure there are direct replacement tuners for the Epi, I'm just not sure which ones. The pups and nut combined with a set up and new wiring will make the major difference in your Epi. Replacing the tuners, bridge ect can help, but IMO should be a somewhat lower priority.
        My Sound Clips

Comment

You guys are right, thanks!
          Going to put a '59/JB in there.

Comment

Working...
          X