banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the highest gain you've ever played feel like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whats the highest gain you've ever played feel like?

+ 1 man, i reckon boredom was one of the man factors in mine

EMG 81 -->HM2-->MZ2-->Big muff-->DSL 401 on light overdrive

the thing was, i liked how it sounded until you went to try a palm mute, which muffs won't do... it was like radio feedback tuned to a note

Comment

i dont know about hi gain not muffling your mistakes though. I almost always play clean/light amount of gain out of my TS9 and i find i need to focus alot on being as clean as possible in my fingerings. I figure that's because im used to playing with clean/low distortion, so when i do put on the high gain, it's really easy to play stuff fast.
      ie-back in high school, we used to have this jam session every thursday. I was figuring out some lynard skynard licks off memory and i couldn't pull them off right away. I switched on the gain on the amp and it sounded perfect when i was playing quite sloppy in reality.
      2004 50th Anniversary Deluxe American Strat, SETH-N BRIDGE, ANT 2 SURFER MIDDLE, ANT 2 DLX MINI HUM NECK

280K RS guitarworks volume pot, 250k cts tone pots, .047uf paper in oil Jensen aluminum capacitor, running D'addario Chromes 13's with wound g > Analogman Orange Juicer>Acoustic 200H Bass head> Alesis Picoverb> unknown 12'' JBL Orange car speaker

Comment

just listen to my soundclips.. and stuff aint even maxed out

i dont like the overall tone of the line6 insane. i perfer the spinal puppet and the soldano to both. that is one mean tone machine

Comment

I've played my share of high gain beasts:
          • Diezel Herbert
          • Rivera KHR & KH2
          • Double & Triple Rectos
          • Soldano
          and to be honest it's not very exciting to me any more. I'd rather get a full and ballsy tone like on Van Halen 1 than the muddy/buzzy (IMHO) tone of most modern high gain amps. Of the list above, the only one I dig is Soldano (used to own a HR50 and currently own a Decatone). The others don't work for the types of tones I prefer.
          Originally posted by LesStrat
          make sure that you own the gear, not vice versa.
          My Music

Comment

Originally posted by aleclee
            I've played my share of high gain beasts:
            • Diezel Herbert
            • Rivera KHR & KH2
            • Double & Triple Rectos
            • Soldano
            and to be honest it's not very exciting to me any more. I'd rather get a full and ballsy tone like on Van Halen 1 than the muddy/buzzy (IMHO) tone of most modern high gain amps. Of the list above, the only one I dig is Soldano (used to own a HR50 and currently own a Decatone). The others don't work for the types of tones I prefer.
            wtf, the SLO100 owns you >.< lol

i have yet to meet the amp that will satisfy me.. but i havent really played many halfstacks to be exact =(

Comment

feels like a heart attack
              PRS Singlecuts
              Epiphone Sheraton II
              Vintage acoustics

Comment

More gain generally makes me go crazy and do all sorts of crazy things with your fingers and the tremelo arm and feedback. Im just talking about excessive amounts tho.
                PRS McCarty (59n, 59b)
                1990 Fender Strat Japan (SSL-1, SSL-1, APS-1)

Orange Dual Terror Head
                Blackstar HT-5
                2 Fender 12" Cabs with Celestion G12H30, Vintage 30
                Vox Pathfiinder 15R

Comment

Working...
                X