pods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pods?

could anyone tell me what the difference is between 250k pod and 500k pods? is there a difference in tone? because I read a number of threads in which people talk about changing pods but I don't know what this does to your guitar ... if it's good, I 'm considering to get some 500k pods
    www.myspace.com/rollef
    www.myspace.com/wheredeathlies

Re: pods?

hahahahahahahahaha pods.
    hahahahahahahahaha pods!
    hahahahahahahahaha PODS!

Lol, their 'pots'.
    Pods are those Line6 effect processor thingies.
    Pots are the shafts that sit under your knobs on your guitar that turn their real name is 'potentiometers'.

The difference between 250k and 500k is more or less 500k will sound brighter cause it rolls off less highs. And 250k sounds darker cause it rolls off more highs.
    I'd tell you about impedences and ohms and that crap but the end result is. ^^^

Comment

oops, my english (and technical knowledge) isn't what it should be

anyway thanx for pointing out the difference between poDs and poTs...
      www.myspace.com/rollef
      www.myspace.com/wheredeathlies

Comment

grandor, ease up mate - english is not the guy's first language ... could you ask the same question in flemish, german, or french? i know i sure couldnt ...

humbuckers typically sound best with 500K pots ... single coil pups typically sound better with 250K pots .. but many guys experiment with these values to determine what works best for them .. note: most guys think that "audio taper" pots provide a better results than "linear taper" pots ...

bonne chance and bienvenue to this forum

cheers
        t4d
        gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Working...
        X