JAN-Philips NOS vs =C= Svetlana's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JAN-Philips NOS vs =C= Svetlana's

i was browsing the tube store and these two guys gave both the JAn-philips nos tubes and the winged c svetalanas great reviews, but one liked the philips better and the other preferred the svetlanas. I figure the Svetlanas would be better because the tone is almost as good as the philips but give new tube reliability.

Forum Tube masters! What's your take on these 6L6GC tubes!!!???
    2004 50th Anniversary Deluxe American Strat, SETH-N BRIDGE, ANT 2 SURFER MIDDLE, ANT 2 DLX MINI HUM NECK

280K RS guitarworks volume pot, 250k cts tone pots, .047uf paper in oil Jensen aluminum capacitor, running D'addario Chromes 13's with wound g > Analogman Orange Juicer>Acoustic 200H Bass head> Alesis Picoverb> unknown 12'' JBL Orange car speaker

Re: JAN-Philips NOS vs =C= Svetlana's

Some find the JAN's a tad dark...the Svets are a sure thing.

Comment

i like dark tone though, it counteracts with my strats brightness nicely. oh well i figure ill do the svets then.
      2004 50th Anniversary Deluxe American Strat, SETH-N BRIDGE, ANT 2 SURFER MIDDLE, ANT 2 DLX MINI HUM NECK

280K RS guitarworks volume pot, 250k cts tone pots, .047uf paper in oil Jensen aluminum capacitor, running D'addario Chromes 13's with wound g > Analogman Orange Juicer>Acoustic 200H Bass head> Alesis Picoverb> unknown 12'' JBL Orange car speaker

Comment

Originally posted by Quencho092
        i like dark tone though, it counteracts with my strats brightness nicely.
        Then by all means, try the JAN's!

Comment

the big question is does that darkness turn to mud at almost full volume?

i have 5881's in there now and they sound pretty nice cranked, a very full natural distortion, but i really haven't played any other tubes as i got this amp last year and havent changed the tubes.

I just need the most CRANKED friendly tubes as my band is finally starting to take off.

Comment

Working...
          X