banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I got a Marshall 2558 Jubilee 2x12 combo! Questions inside...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got a Marshall 2558 Jubilee 2x12 combo! Questions inside...

Anyone know where I can get the black and chrome knobs at, it has 2 brown and gold and it just bugs my eye. It has Greenbacks in it, and Im wondering if the original G12 30s would sound better. Thanks for the info in advance. peace.

Re: I got a Marshall 2558 Jubilee 2x12 combo! Questions inside...

Korg, Vox, Buzz Stop, Fender, Ashdown, Hofner, SWR, Blackstar, Gretsch, Bigsby, Guild, HK Lucas, LAG, Guitar, Amplifier, Parts

Comment

Congratulations!
      Pictures?

Comment

Thanks Ive having trouble uploading a pic...its kinda dirty and has two odd knobs, but once its clean it will be fine.

Comment

You have the the one that was exported to Canada. I can tell since yours has the metal toggle, which honestly is a better switch than the plastic red one.
          I haven't checked Marshall parts, but I'm not sure they'll have the silvercapped ones.
          Hopefully, they do. I have the 2550 head and two 4-12's, and am hanging onto it as a great amp to play and for collectibility sake. These will prove to be the most collectible Marshalls, outside of the early P to P amps in great shape.
          I've messed quite a bit with tubes and bias on Jubilees. I use Tesla JJ E-34L's biased around 38mA and Sovtek 12AX7LPS, and mine smokes. The GT12AX7C's will sound perfect, too. I tried the expensive GT12AX7M's, and it added some gain, but the C's sound tighter to my ears. The LPS's are Sovteks best tube, and they sound great in highgain amps as well. Congrats....I'd love to have your combo. A part of me wishes I had ALL the Jubilee models in a collection, but I can't afford that endeavor.
          Originally posted by Boogie Bill
          I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

You know, I thought my old one had a red square power switch. What do you think was the reason for the change? I do live in Minnesota, so I can see it coming down from Canada. I swapped pre tubes tonight to some tele funkens I had layin around and it did get some more gain, but I havent cranked it yet.
            What about those greenbacks, I dont think they are factory, would anything be any better for more of a hard rock sound? peace

Comment

I played that exact combo at my local GC, pretty nice amp! Took a little bit to dial it in right, but once I did I was in classic rock heaven.
              Originally posted by kevlar3000
              I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
              Originally posted by Zerberus
              Better is often the enemy of good
              Originally posted by ginormous
              Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

I think since my guitar is purple, its gonna get a recover job in this:

and get some new corners and knobs.

Comment

Originally posted by SheDoesntDoIt4Me
                  I think since my guitar is purple, its gonna get a recover job in this:

and get some new corners and knobs.
                  You're kidding, right?

A PURPLE Jubilee?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Comment

looks cool , but for authenticity/collectability/originalities sake?

Comment

Leave that silver levant alone, or you'll butcher the value down to nothing!

I'd probably swap one of the Greenbacks for a Vintage 30, which will probably cost you nothing, since someone will always trade to mismatch their combo as well.

Does it have an ext. speaker jack? If so, plug it into a 4-12, so you can have it's speakers AND a 4-12 going.
                      Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                      I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Working...
                      X