Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help...Amplifier Content... :(

Prefix.

My amp is loud. For those that don't know, it's basically the equivalant of running two 100w Dual Rectifiers side by side. My practice space is in my house.

Problem.

The vibration. I love playing loud, and where I live, I can get away with cranking it. But - the vibrations off the thing are killing the other electronics in my house. First, my computer started crashing, and now the hard drive is f*cked. Now, my TV is starting to go. I'm affraid of what will follow next. The XBox is making wierd noises, but I think it's still full of Afgan sand...

Solution.

Donno. Will isolating the cab off the floor help? I was thinking of getting a foam iso pad for the computer (something similar to what touring pro's use in a road case you transport an amplifier in), but it'd look kinda silly having a TV on my TV stand with a big f*ck-off road case around it.....

....looking for solutions.....

..well, solutions that don't involved turning the amp down.

|| Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Re: Need Help...Amplifier Content...

Hmmm ...
    I wonder if vibration is really the culprit.
    Since most appliances have a shelf live of about 5 years, maybe you're just at the end of your stuff's natural cylcles. 5 years after I was married, with then-new appliances, I had a house full of broken stuff.

I've never heard of vibration killing a TV before.
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Re: Need Help...Amplifier Content...

wow.
      Remind me not to do that myself.
      Just put inserts under the cabs?

Comment

Working...
      X