Is this Normal for a Telecaster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this Normal for a Telecaster?

I put an A2 magnet in my Custom 5 pup, making it a CC.
    I then put the pup in my Tele's bridge, expecting it to sound similar to the way it sounded it my Strat - Rounded highs, no "clanking" sound or ice-pickiness from the high strings, and plenty of mids.

Well, my Tele still has plenty of Twang in the bridge! I notice a bit of the treble was rolled off, and there is more output. But when I turn my distortion on, it still has the same Tele Twang that it had before! The CC in my Tele sounds a whole lot more trebly than the Custom-4 in my Strat!

Is this normal? Or could I possibly not have soldered the wires correctly?
    I soldered the red and white together, then insulated them, not letting them contact anything. I'm pretty sure I didn't split the humbucker.

What I'm trying to ask is,
    Does the neatness of a soldering job affect tone? I soldered every wire according to the schematic. It just wasn't a perfectly clean job, but it turned out ok. I'll have to compare a single coil Tele to my own. Thanks, guys.
    Last edited by StrangeDay; 03-30-2004, 01:32 AM. Reason: typos!!

Re: Is this Normal for a Telecaster?

I'm also interested in what defines bad sodering.... can you ever get the twang out of a telecaster though if it's already there? My understanding is that it has less to to do with the pickup and more to do with the angle of the pickup cavity and various things with the bridge.

Comment

Re: Is this Normal for a Telecaster?

Originally posted by theboatcandream
      I'm also interested in what defines bad sodering.... can you ever get the twang out of a telecaster though if it's already there? My understanding is that it has less to to do with the pickup and more to do with the angle of the pickup cavity and various things with the bridge.
      Check out the vault area of this forum or click on the link below:

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/showthread.php?t=399
      Normans Guitars

Comment

Working...
      X