banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do those clear bodied guitars get good tone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do those clear bodied guitars get good tone?

I've seen some by ibanez and I think esp. They seem to have a clear plastic like body. With all the wood tone talk, how do these things have any tone whatsoever?

Re: How do those clear bodied guitars get good tone?

They sound like a very dense, close grain wood...kinda like maple but even more extreme...some people really like it...I like it, but at this time I do not have one...other people say that they sound like sh*t...with the right amp they can have a huge bottom end...but no matter what they have a very signature razor top end. I have an aluminum neck guitar...same thing...very different sound that 100% wood.
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Lucite is dense material. The old Dan Armstrong Lucites always sounded good to me.
      www.enigmaduo.com

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented
        They sound like a very dense, close grain wood...kinda like maple but even more extreme...some people really like it...I like it, but at this time I do not have one...other people say that they sound like sh*t...with the right amp they can have a huge bottom end...but no matter what they have a very signature razor top end. I have an aluminum neck guitar...same thing...very different sound that 100% wood.
        What you got, a Kramer or a Bean? I love aluminum!!

Comment

YES!!! As soon as I saw your name, I was siked! I also have a Kramer, to be honest...I bought it because I could not afford the travis I wanted...then about a year later I got my hands on one...and hated the neck! So I stick with my Kramer, Mine is a late 70's 350 G(some posts i have here say 250G, but I was wrong), some body took out the Kramer Singlecoils before I got it, right now it has a set of Gibson Iommi humbuckers! It's a killer guitar. What's yours? I see by your name that your really do know whats going on!!! In fact I just saw Shellac about 2 months ago...It was a killer show in Athens GA, they played before a little leauge wiffle ball game! Steve and the boys were very cool, and I must say very nice guys! What do you play your's through? If you think that nobody here gives a crap about this...PM me.

The guy who invented fire
          If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Working...
          X