Need a couple of 500k Push/Pull pots for my LP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a couple of 500k Push/Pull pots for my LP

Need some 500k push/pull volume pots for my LP so I can get some sing coil sounds as well as humbucker sounds. The only problem is that LP has long shaft pots as opposed to the short ones Gibson usually uses.

I have not been able to find any replacement push/pull long shaft pots. I just seem to find the short ones, the problem is that they will be too short.

Anyone know where I can get 2 long shaft 500k push/pull pots for my LP?
    2015 Knaggs Steve Stevens SSC T2
    Majik Box Doug Aldrich "Rocket Fuel"
    Majik Box Filthy Lucre

Re: Need a couple of 500k Push/Pull pots for my LP

specifically:

it's the right height and diameter for USA sized holes, unlike the metric ones from stewmac.
    Yo, i'm Ryan™.

https://www.facebook.com/patchworklv
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=der6aGGzQTk
    ^link to 7 tracks of my band, Patchwork

Comment

What about the Triple Shot Mounting Rings? I know they're alot more expensive than pots, but they seem like they'd be alot easier to mess with on a Les Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by super rad stuff View Post
        http://www.wymoreguitars.com

specifically:

it's the right height and diameter for USA sized holes, unlike the metric ones from stewmac.
        That picture looks like import metric pots.

I've bought log shaft CTS 520K SPST pots from Black Rose Customs, whom I'm told is now Wymoreguitars. I'd contact them and see if they have any left.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
          That picture looks like import metric pots.

I've bought log shaft CTS 520K SPST pots from Black Rose Customs, whom I'm told is now Wymoreguitars. I'd contact them and see if they have any left.
          they're definitely metric, though they are alpha. i've ordered quite a few of these before, albeit the short shaft version.
          Yo, i'm Ryan™.

https://www.facebook.com/patchworklv
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=der6aGGzQTk
          ^link to 7 tracks of my band, Patchwork

Comment

Here's another source.

Seriously, it's not that hard to look this stuff up. You just have to "look for it".

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire
              DUDE...FORGET ALL THIS STUFF!!!

Trust me and call DiMarzio and order 2 from them, they offer them in short and long shaft they are a little more money than the others you'll find but they are MUCH better made and will last for YEARS. DiMarzio will sell you them direct over the ohone with a credit card and ship right to your front door. They are made by CTS custom for DiMarzio and are really high quality.
              I´d honestly rather rewire my entire arsenal daily at full cost than buy anything with Larry´s name on it, for reasons that have been discussed in depth multiple times over the years.

Sometimes it´s not the product quality that should influence your decision the most, but who´s selling it and what they tend to use the income for.
              Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Originally posted by Zerberus View Post
                I´d honestly rather rewire my entire arsenal daily at full cost than buy anything with Larry´s name on it, for reasons that have been discussed in depth multiple times over the years.

Sometimes it´s not the product quality that should influence your decision the most, but who´s selling it and what they tend to use the income for.
                Thats your opinion but it has little to nothing to do with this question or my answer...
                If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

CURRENT RIG:

2004 Fender American Standard Stratocaster (SD PGb bridge, DMZ VVB neck)
                  2012 Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe Reissue (Mojotone '72 Clone WRHB set)
                  2017 Balaguer Scumden (SD PG set)
                  2011 Fender Blacktop Telecaster (GFS Surf 90s)

Jet City JCA50H
                  Avatar Signature 2x12 loaded with Greenbacks
                  lots 'o pedals

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
                    Thats your opinion but it has little to nothing to do with this question or my answer...
                    Au contraire. It has everything to do with the latter.

You deemed necessary to more or less denounce every other pot by every other maker as a direct result of their stellar quality. A "Pro" to the DMZ product and a "Con" to every other pot available.

THIS is something I did not openly question, though I have strong doubts as to what the differences in specs and tolerances to a "normal" (but thereby apparently inferior) CTS Push-pull pot are.

If these pots are so unbelievably übermega****inghyperoutstanding, then there must obviously be a reason other than the quality why most guitarists, manufacturers and luthiers use other brands. Surely that 1$ difference can´t be the reason if they´re that much better...?

Any THAT`S why I posted. Any product being considered for purchase by anyone should be thoroughly examined for Pros and Cons, in the interest of not shafting oneself. Especially because NO PRODUCT ON EARTH has Pros without Cons, including 02 and H20.

In this case, the quality is apparently the "pro", and the "con" is not with the pot itself, but with the egregious business practices of the company distributing them.

Ergo If they truly are as megabadass as you purport, then the company must REALLY be doing something wrong so that of the thousands of manufacturers out there almost nobody is using them as stock equipment, including those that strive for quality above everything else. Those people and companies almost universally use the (apparently heavily inferior) CTS or Alpha pots.

Part of being a professional is informing people of mistakes in advance instead of just cashing in on the damage. Another part is telling people things they should know even if they don´t want to know about it. Just because the Emperor doesn´t want to hear about it doesn´t mean the Huns didn´t already sack Pisa and start to head towards Rome
                    Last edited by Zerberus; 12-13-2009, 02:04 PM.
                    Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Originally posted by Christopher Caruana View Post
                      Need some 500k push/pull volume pots for my LP so I can get some sing coil sounds as well as humbucker sounds. The only problem is that LP has long shaft pots as opposed to the short ones Gibson usually uses.
                      I have not been able to find any replacement push/pull long shaft pots. I just seem to find the short ones, the problem is that they will be too short.
                      Anyone know where I can get 2 long shaft 500k push/pull pots for my LP?
                      CTS makes custom, long shaft, high quality Push/Pull pots in both 500k and 250k that can be bought factory direct through DiMarzio.

If you simply call the main number you can place an order with them using a credit or debit card.

I only mention them because I had a heck of a time with push/pulls a few years ago until getting some from DiMarzio.

Best of luck
                      If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

ok another question, Im checking out Dimarzio's stuff and see 2 different pots. What is the difference between a regular push/pull 500k pot and a push/pull "custom taper" 500k pot?
                        2015 Knaggs Steve Stevens SSC T2
                        Majik Box Doug Aldrich "Rocket Fuel"
                        Majik Box Filthy Lucre

Comment

Look closer...one listing is for Custom Taper Pots in 250k, 500k and 1 meg and the other listing is for push pull pots in 500 and 250k...

Just call the 1800 number and tell them you need long shaft push pulls in 500k values...they will get you hooked up.

Comment

Originally posted by Christopher Caruana View Post
                            The only problem is that LP has long shaft pots as opposed to the short ones Gibson usually uses.
                            OK, dumb question time......are you absolutely sure you need the long-shaft pots? That's what I thought with my LP, but mine's an Epi. that uses short-shafts, wheras I see by your sig. your may be talking about a Gibson. Is your arch-top thick enough to need the long-shafts?

For Push/Pull pot selection, I'd go with a CTS Linear taper VS an Audio taper, though I think most P/P pots are Lin./Tap.

I've only used P/P pots for tonal blends and separation between active and passive freqs on an EMG single humbucker on a bass......so disregard everything I've just said........except for the long and short of it......I'm curious to see which pots your guitar requires.......morbid curiousity, that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
                              Here's another source.

Seriously, it's not that hard to look this stuff up. You just have to "look for it".
                              I have these in stock.

I'll beat AllPart's price...

PM me.
                              www.lockwireguitars.com

Comment

Working...
                              X