Tube Amp Problem..PLEASE Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tube Amp Problem..PLEASE Help!!

I just bought a used Fender Pro Junior and at first it sound great.. then.. after a few minutes.. it started to get staticy every now and again.. now.. for a few seconds it's fine.. then.. if I play.. just head on, non stop static! NOT Overdrive. Just loud hum/static. Any advice?
    st.

Re: Tube Amp Problem..PLEASE Help!!

I had a problem very similar to that with one of my tube amps as well. This was just my experience though.........The static in my case was not actually my amp but rather my patch cord....I was relieved....You may be lucky and that is all that it is...

Also try twitching the cord plug at the input jack...I had another case where my input jack needed replacing....

If the amp gives static when nothing is plugged into it it may be the amp...Also try it with other guitars and see if you get the static..........
    _

Comment

You need new Tubes !!!!!!!!!!!!
      Only The Strong Survive

Comment

There is a bunch of thing that could be wrong, Input jack,tubes etc. But when you say
        humming? The 1st thing I think of is the Filter caps. Check all the easy thing like wiggle
        the input jack/cord ,swap the tubes if you got a spare set? of can get your hands on some. But if the problem still persists? Take it to a tech. I'd bet it's the Caps !!
        http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

just send her over to a tech to have a general check up

could be tubes, filter cap (this is what my case was), or input/output jacks.. or even as said before, a patch.

Comment

Working...
          X