ok, it's official....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok, it's official....

ok, i've finally decided on an amp. after going out and trying a bunch of stuff, marshalls, peavey, crate, line 6, etc..
    i've finally decided on what it's gonna be..

THE MESA MARK 4!!!

when i went to guitar center the other day, i went with the intent on trying to the road king and all the rectos. i actually couldn't find out how to work the road king and the recto just had too much of a down 'n dirty metal tone. so i see this little mark 4 combo in the corner with the lonestars and F series, i plugged in my friends warlock(w/ emg zakk set) into the combo and this little ****er blew me away!!!
    almost instantaneously i got the perfect metallica black album tone!!! i messed with the eq and got the most beautiful lead and rhythm tone i've ever heard. it was so smooth, like flank said "like jumping into a steaming hot vat of syrup". even my friend agreed that this little thing kicked so much ass.
    when i switched to the neck pickup, i got this insane lead tone. very very very smooth and articulate, and not muddy. i can just imagine what a music man petrucci model would sound like through it

so, without further adue(or however the hell you spell it) i will be getting a mark 4 combo. and i will get tone beyond belief!

now, all i need to do is get $1200

Re: ok, it's official....

Aww man, new discoveries always feel so great - whether it be guitar stuff or stuff that isn't guitar stuff...

I guess $1200 isn't much for what its worth, at least how you describe it to be worth!

Bee
    Originally posted by Kanye West
    Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

Mesa makes a great amp. Sounds like a winner to me, if you like the tone (and you apparently do).
      www.enigmaduo.com

Comment

The Mark IV is almost perfect...I've bought and sold 2. I do, however, prefer the Mark IIC tones.

Comment

well it's definitely worth 1200, but thats used. and i just dont have ANY money at all

if i had the money though, i'd glady pay the new price, which is 1600

Comment

oh yeah.....

EBAY HERE I COME!!!!!!

Comment

Yeah it's time you stop buying guitars - you've got enough

Does the F-50 cost more than the Mark 4?

Bee
              Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

the F-50 is like 400 less i think

i think it might be even under $1000!!

Comment

Ooh, my friends dad bought one for like, $5000 aussie... which is like $4000 american - I must've got the wrong model.

Anyway, the F-50 sounds quite good as well. But it's a bit bright for my ears. How does the tone compare with the Mark IV??

Bee

Comment

the F-50 seems to have more of a crunchy tone
                    while the mark 4 just has this smooth tone to die for!!!

i dont know of any artists who use the f series so i cant really compare, but think crunchy and compare it to john petrucci

Comment

I've got a DC-5 Dual Caliber. It is said that with slight mods this thing could easilly fit the bill for a Mark IV. Like you and I discussed with Beno, we both love the Mark IV. I can't believe the versatilly I get out of my DC-5 as well. I can get a slightly warmer and bassier Petrucci tone with the gain of my amp turned to 10 and the Demon in the neck of my Flying V. Picking attack is huge, harmonics fly and riffs sound fat and crunchy, roll of the gain a bit and I can get this smooth singing tone to die for. I'd recommend it to anyone playing anything close to the guitar.
                      Jackson USA '98 Custom Shop KE2 w/ Duncan TB-4 JB(b) & Jazz(n)
                      Gibson '87 Flying V Designer w/ Duncan Screamin' Demon (n) & Bill Lawrence L500XL (b)
                      Fender '70 Stratocaster w/ stock pick ups

VHT Ultralead plugged into a
                      Marshall 2x12 Vintage
                      Bogner Shiva oversized 1x12 cab (Celestion Classic Lead 80 loaded)

(80's Gibson Dirty Finger pick ups (b&n) on the side)

Comment

1200 is quite cheap .. i know one went for over 1500 used.

and the markIV combo aint little

Comment

it's pretty small, smaller than my marshall

but damn, that tone!!!!

im really hoping i can find some on ebay for cheap

Comment

well.. it's smaller than the 1980's fender blackface. lol

i played one for about 30 minutes and was blown away by the tone.. balls to the walls metal and awesome cleans

Comment

yeah, it's like perfect black album tone!!

Comment

Working...
                              X