banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Out with the Floyd, in with the Kahler, Jackson Kelly content...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Out with the Floyd, in with the Kahler, Jackson Kelly content...

Cool cause i wanted to see those pics, cheers.

Comment

She's got a friend, now.

Comment

Not that anyone gives a happy crap about this, but I'm posting it anyways

Not quite the player the old Mongrel is, but it's got potential. Big difference in the neck. Basically the same "D" shape as the older one, but noticeably thicker. Still very thin, but not quite as much as the Mongrel's.

Needs nutwork, possibly a new nut, and a little better final fretwork. One or two slightly low ones in there, but nothing you can hear through the amp.

Makes a nice home for a pair of idle EMG's I've had. They actually sound kind of lively in this guitar, not sterile at all. Anyone who says EMG's make all guitars sound the same hasn't tried swapping them into many different guitars, that's for sure. They sounded like ass in the Mongrel, but she still had the hated Floyd, then.

Comment

Nice. They look good together.

Comment

Well, ain't this a *****. Playing the Mongrel the other day, and the A string hook snaps off, WTF?!!! Been playing Kahlers since 1988, never had this kind of failure before, Dammit!!! Damned things are made of pot metal or something!! Ordered a replacement, but it'll take a week to get here.

Fortunately, i still have the Gibson-branded Kahler lying around, so i just swapped the string hooks from that. I think the string hooks from that are steel, shouldn't have any more trouble hopefully.

Comment

Working...
            X