Jet King JTK30BSV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jet King JTK30BSV

Totally digging this one, played it today. I saw it hanging and you know it was sparkly so I was like

Always figured they were crap but to my surprise they are a few steps up from that. Felt real good and real resonant, the neck was a little modern shaped for what I would expect a 60's pawn shop guitar to feel like but that's probably not a bad thing. I was looking at a Squier Supersonic but this feels like way more guitar. Have to throw on something heavier than 9's to know what it's all about but I was impressed. Great job on the sparkle finish too, probably throw a tint over it without too much hassle.

I really like the extended length on the low E side with the staggered string thru, sort of emulates a reverse neck without messing with the top strings.

My Bands -
    https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
    www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
    www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
    GUITAR KULTURE

Re: Jet King JTK30BSV

Ah, another 70's lad?

Like your taste mate

Comment

Just how is that P90'ish single coils ?

I love the JTKII, before it got a wiggle stick.
      The one with the two coils split switches.
      Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

Didn't plug it in, didn't need GAS but the guy at the shop I am friendly with said he didn't like the pups very much but he loved the guitar so take that for what it's worth. He is a P-90 fan.
        My Bands -

GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

those are cool, but I prefer the Jet King 2 as well.

Comment

I tried those pickups in a different Jetking - a cheaper one with neon yellow paint. They sounded great, clear and punchy yet not thin and that was with 9s set way too low. Tried it with a TSL601 combo. A different sound for sure, not a archeotypical sound, but a good basis for Rock. It's not a Les Paul, it's not a Strat, it's not a Tele.
            Last edited by Diego; 03-08-2010, 08:03 AM.
            Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
            Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
            Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
            Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Comment

A Jet King II fan here also. I have the third version of the JTK2, with the exposed humbucker in the bridge and the super 58 in the neck with the coil split switches. The coil split makes the guitar. It gives you any character you want. I am so enamored with this guitar for both looks and sound that I would like to acquire all 3 versions of the Jet King II. The first version had the One piece neck with the dual 58's, the second version got the 3 piece neck, again with the dual 58's, and I described the third version above. After the coil split was removed.... well I lost my interest, but to be fair, I have not heard the P90 version so my mind could change.

Last edited by briggleman; 03-08-2010, 11:30 AM. Reason: Add Pic

Comment

The RED N' WHITE JTKII guitars seem to be hugely popular among White Stripes cover/tribute bands and fans alike

Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

Comment

Originally posted by Wattage View Post
                  Didn't plug it in, didn't need GAS but the guy at the shop I am friendly with said he didn't like the pups very much but he loved the guitar so take that for what it's worth.
                  He is a P-90 fan.
                  Originally posted by Diego View Post
                  I tried those pickups in a different Jetking - a cheaper one with neon yellow paint. They sounded great, clear and punchy yet not thin and that was with 9s set way too low. Tried it with a TSL601 combo. A different sound for sure, not a archeotypical sound, but a good basis for Rock. It's not a Les Paul, it's not a Strat, it's not a Tele.

Maybe those lile P90'ish looking pu's have more of a mini 'humm thing going on then ?

Comment

Originally posted by SirJackdeFuzz View Post
                    Maybe those lile P90'ish looking pu's have more of a mini 'humm thing going on then ?
                    Now that you say that, I think they were noise cancelling too.

EDIT: Yup, checked the Ibanez website. Noise cancelling. Mini humbuckers it is.
                    Last edited by Diego; 03-08-2010, 11:54 AM.
                    Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
                    Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
                    Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
                    Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Comment

When I take over Ibanez, I am going to give every guitar a name. A name that is not RGFX470sx3TSB.
                      my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

R2d2 and c3po agree

Last edited by briggleman; 03-08-2010, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ImmortalSix View Post
                          When I take over Ibanez, I am going to give every guitar a name. A name that is not RGFX470sx3TSB.

AMEN

Any names in mind alleady ?

Comment

Originally posted by briggleman View Post
                            R2d2 and c3po agree

. . . THAT ^^^^ is the one i want

I do believe this is the one w the dual '58s.
                            VERY underrated pick ups.

Comment

I was trying to avoid GAS but it isn't working..............
                              My Bands -

GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Working...
                              X