Most comfortable guitar to play sitting down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most comfortable guitar to play sitting down

I play my les paul like 90% of the time. The other day I was realizing really how annoying it is to play sitting down. Not sure if it is where the cut out is relative to the weight balance but strat style guitars are so much more comfortable to play sitting down. Anyone else?

Re: Most comfortable guitar to play sitting down

For me, big hollow-bodies feel the most comfortable in the sitting position. Lots of surface area to hold them steady on my leg + forearm.
    Band: www.colouredanimal.com
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
    Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

I agree. To me a Strat is way more comfortable. The only thing that beats a Strat is a Jazzmaster or Jaguar.

Comment

Stratocaster for sure.
        my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

Sg!!
          If I know I'm going crazy, I must not be insane.

Originally posted by TheLivingDead
          DON'TGETMADBRO

Comment

Strat..
            Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

easily a strat. the body shape is really made for comfort, and you can definitely tell sitting down. i don't care about the forearm cut, but the tummy contour is great for me. i'm pretty skinny, and a guitar pressing into my ribs gets old really quickly!

i had a Gibson BFG a while back, and it was the complete opposite unfortunately. really sharp edges on the back (i think they were supposed to be, for an "edgy" look) and they really cut into my rib cage whenever i was sitting down.

Comment

I really like my large body semi-hollows to play sitting down. However, not a fan of them while standing or gigging.
                Originally posted by Bass_Medic_05
                I dig the wood!

Comment

A big ol hollowbody.. but I adjust the strap so that when I sit straight up it rests on my lap, and then I can lean back or lean the guitar to the side and keep it at the same distance as if it were on my lap.
                  Originally posted by BigAlTheBird
                  I just got oiixed in the mung by a Canadian.

Timmy - 1
                  Andrew - None

Comment

Gibson SG.

The body is barely even there.
                    green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

strats and lps are comfortable

V's are very uncomfortable but if you put your thigh inbetween the v you can sit with it.
                      88-89 Fender HM Strat(Dimarzio pickups)
                      Fender Blacktop Jaguar(JB/Jazz)
                      Guitar>TU-2>Ernie Ball Volume Pedal>Joyo Octave Fuzz>SD-1>Small Stone Phaser>Amp(Effects loop>DD-7>DD-20>Holy Grail)
                      Vox NightTrain 50.
                      My Band

Comment

I have a habit of hunching over my guitar when sitting down, so my 335 is out. The edge of the guitar is always digging into my ribs . . . any guitar with a tummy cut is more comfortable.
                        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by Empty Pockets View Post
                          Gibson SG.

The body is barely even there.
                          This is true. Very comfy.

Another one I enjoy is the PRS shape. It just sits nicely there, with the weight well centered. Just a good feel.

Honorable mention to my friend's ES339, which is big, but just the right size to fit under your arm, and just chill there.
                          - Gibson CS ES339 - Gibson Les Paul Trad - Gibson J-200 Standard - Fender Hwy1 Strat - Gibson Captain Kirk Douglas SG - Takamine E-series Acoustic - Fender Blues Deluxe - Fender Excelsior -

Comment

Strat.
                            " you tell it like you're barefoot while you wear those hundred dollar shoes. Yeah, you can shuck and jive me all ya want to but, please please please, don't tell me 'bout the blues!"......Buddy Guy

Comment

when I am sitting down I use a headless Hohner (Steinberger), its great so sitting down and learning stuff, but it does sound like crap unless its got actives in it which help it somewhat.

Comment

Working...
                              X