univibe pedal - stereo or mono?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• univibe pedal - stereo or mono?

For anyone out there using a univibe pedal - is it about the same or better in stereo? I've been checking out the Voodoo Lab Micro Vibe which is mono, and the Fulltone Deja Vibe which can be either mono or stereo. My bank account tells me to find an inexpensive sub $100 Voodoo Micro Vibe. Intuition tells me that a stereo univibe setup would probably sound great, but I don't know how much better the effect is in stereo. The stereo Fulltone Deja Vibe is quite a bit more money, so that's where I'm kinda stuck deciding how much of a difference there is with a stereo setup.

Re: univibe pedal - stereo or mono?

Do you play two amps so you can use the stereo?
    Originally posted by gibson175
    metal zones are for pussies.

Comment

I sure do.

Comment

I dunno...to me, when I kick on my vibe I want it to sound as close to a real Uni Vibe as possible and since those were all mono I opted for a mono Vibe.

FWIW, I have a Mini Deja Vibe and LOVE it...the Micro Vibe is super cool too, and smaller and less than half the priced used but you do loose the vibrato mode, which is kind of cool for some things.

Both are great, easy to get and are 2 of the least expensive Vibe pedals you can buy right now...

As for the stereo/mono trip...I vote mono. Just run it early in the signal chain, before your stereo split and you'll be fine...thats what I do!
        If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

. . . ^^^ . . . WOW and i always thought the first gen Uni Vibes was true (((Stereo))).
          Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

Working...
          X