banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uncomfortable neck caused you to sell a guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Uncomfortable neck caused you to sell a guitar?

I had a Gray Kramer R29 Delta wing a few months ago. It had an EMG 85/S setup and sounded great, but the neck was soooo narrow, it caused my hand to hurt. It didn't get much play time as it hurt to play it, so I had to sell it.

As far as comfy necks go, I'd highly recommend the stuff charvel is putting out right now!
    18 Guitars and counting

The captain of sexy!

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Octopus View Post
      I had a Gray Kramer R29 Delta wing a few months ago. It had an EMG 85/S setup and sounded great, but the neck was soooo narrow, it caused my hand to hurt. It didn't get much play time as it hurt to play it, so I had to sell it.

As far as comfy necks go, I'd highly recommend the stuff charvel is putting out right now!
      That is one wild looking guitar... I am not sure I could pull something like that off, was the body comfortable?
      "This is my hat now, this is totally my hat..."

Comment

Originally posted by JordanM82 View Post
        That is one wild looking guitar... I am not sure I could pull something like that off, was the body comfortable?
        Very comfy body. The huge upper horn rests against your left shoulder and it has a leg rest to go on your left leg. The rest of the body sits on your right leg and the instrument cord hangs between you legs. I recorded these vids when I first got the guitar-

18 Guitars and counting

The captain of sexy!

Comment

An uncomfy neck hasn't caused me to sell one, but it has prevented me from buying several.

Comment

Never sold a guitar becasue of an uncomfortable neck for 2 reasons.

1. I can jive with most necks. I have everything from postage stamps to aircraft carriers in my stable and enjoy them all. To me itīs part of a guitarīs vibe and it influences my style and groove, itīs one of the best things about having multiple guitars.

2. If I truly canīt dig the neck within the first 5 minutes, i wonīt buy the guitar to begin with
            Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

I had a Ibanez Artcore (ES335 style) that I just got rid of. I began to hate the frets because they were different from my Gibson and Epiphones. So I sold it and bought a epi dot.

All my epi's are pretty much the same except one with the zakk wylde maple neck. I swear that neck is faster and I wish they were all cut like that one. Comfy and "fast" but not like a shredder guitar. Just faster than the regular necks.

Comment

Working...
              X