69 strat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 69 strat

I've been wanting a Custom Shop 69 strat to go with my 66 CS Strat... so i've been eyeing websites... local Toronto store has a real 69 in... it's pretty much in perfect shape except the top body finnish has been faded by sun light... It's candy red too!!!! shame

it's under the Vintage/Used section at www.12fret.com

Re: 69 strat

direct photo link

it looks like metallic Orange...

Comment

That is a beautiful looking guitar. Red (tomato and candy apple) is my favorite fender color.

Comment

Thats a beautiful example of a faded ACR finish and a perfect example of what it looked like before the fade!!!

Nice axe but not for nearly 16k...I'd get a half a dozen or more CS pieces for that kind of scratch...
        If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

I don't like the collor at all

Comment

Aren't those slim tapered necks? Make sure you like that profile first.
            Originally posted by Boogie Bill
            I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
              Thats a beautiful example of a faded ACR finish and a perfect example of what it looked like before the fade!!!

Nice axe but not for nearly 16k...I'd get a half a dozen or more CS pieces for that kind of scratch...
              ya it's a nice axe... and ya i'd never spend more then $3000 on any guitar... maybe the only 2 guitars i would spend more then $3000 on is a J-200 or a 59 reissue Les Paul...

ya i've been looking for a 69 Custom Shop... just looking more then anything as i really want to buy a new acoustic before another strat... This shop had a nice 1966 Relic CS Strat in White before Xmas that i was so tempted to buy... it was $1999..... also for the same money they had a CS version of the Clapton strat in Blue that was nice...

but since i own a 66 Closet Classic i'm kind of set for strats right now... but i bet i break down and get one more

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
                Aren't those slim tapered necks? Make sure you like that profile first.
                Original ones, like that from the late 60's...just like early 60's and 50's for that matter are all over the map!
                If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by WhoFan View Post
                  ya it's a nice axe... and ya i'd never spend more then $3000 on any guitar... maybe the only 2 guitars i would spend more then $3000 on is a J-200 or a 59 reissue Les Paul...

ya i've been looking for a 69 Custom Shop... just looking more then anything as i really want to buy a new acoustic before another strat... This shop had a nice 1966 Relic CS Strat in White before Xmas that i was so tempted to buy... it was $1999..... also for the same money they had a CS version of the Clapton strat in Blue that was nice...

but since i own a 66 Closet Classic i'm kind of set for strats right now... but i bet i break down and get one more
                  I hear ya...2 or 3k is hard to swallow but it's sure easier than 15 or 16k!

Truth is the CS is putting out some fantastic guitars that IMHO really come close to vintage stuff these days!

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
                    I hear ya...2 or 3k is hard to swallow but it's sure easier than 15 or 16k!

Truth is the CS is putting out some fantastic guitars that IMHO really come close to vintage stuff these days!
                    ya i love some of the Custom Shop stuff... i've been seeing some good deals on that stuff lately... a NOS 1960 CS Strat was making me reach for my wallet but i backed out before i spent the money... truth is i'm more of a Modern Strat and Tele fan more then a vintage purist... i use a late 80's American Standard and a bunch of MIM strats more often then anything else i own... i like flatter radius's and larger frets... i like more modern bridges for the most part... but i also love taking a truer vintage spec axe out for a spin

i've also been eyeing the American Deluxe strats... love the necks on those... i'd change the PU's myself but other then that they are nice by me...

Comment

Working...
                    X