New Fender American Deluxe Models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Fender American Deluxe Models

Compound radius necks, new N3 noiseless pickups (???). Staggered tuners... Strats and Teles.
    Discover the sound of Fender, the spirit of rock-n-roll since 1946. Shop Fender guitars, basses, amplifiers, audio equipment, accessories, apparel and more.

Those look cool:

I want to try them, and I'm curious about the pickups...

Re: New Fender American Deluxe Models

The SCM pickups are a Bill Lawrence design and are very nice pickups. They're more vintage-modern in character.
    -Butch

Comment

So basically it's some new take on the SCNs? I've played the Strat version. They are pretty cool although I like the SD Stacks much better (wouldn't be surprised if the Areas and Kinmans do a better job as well).

Wonder if they had changed anything in the design and voicing.

The whole concept of the guitar is "vintage modern". I like it.

Comment

I kinda like the "tungsten" color option on the teles. Dying to know wether these N3 pickups will be good or not, and what (if anything) makes them different. well, lemee quote this article:

Fender says: "N3 Noiseless pickups are among the best-sounding pickups ever affixed to a Stratocaster or a Telecaster guitar, achieving the remarkable sonic feat of providing unmistakable vintage sound without unwanted noise…
        "Using an improved stacked-coil design, N3 Noiseless pickups are specially tailored for each Stratocaster and Telecaster pickup position... The insulated metal core of each pickup position type differs in thickness and composition for enhanced tone, and Fender has fine-tuned the size, shape and wire gauge of the coils to balance the magnetic responsiveness essential to great tone.
        "Further, N3 Noiseless pickups represent a welcome return to the warmth and clarity of alnico magnets. Again, the type of alnico magnets used is tailored to pickup position – Alnico V for the power and warmth of the Stratocaster N3 bridge pickup and the signature snap and spank of both Telecaster pickups; Alnico II for the sweetness and sparkle of the Stratocaster N3 middle pickup; Alnico III for the fullness of the Stratocaster N3 neck pickup without undue magnetic string pull."

Vinnicombe, Chris. "Musikmesse 2010: Fender announces new American Deluxe guitars and basses." Music Radar 23 Mar. 2010: n.p.. Web. 23 Mar 2010.
        Last edited by FuseG4; 03-23-2010, 06:30 AM.

Comment

here's how i read that:

"We completely overthought and overcomplicated an electric guitar design that has sold on the basis of being simplistic and streamlined for the past sixty years."

I've never played a Strat where all three pickups had different magnets but i'm having a hard time imagining how the tone could be any MORE balanced or whatever buzzword they're using because of it...

I dunno...every couple of years they give us the same Deluxe with a different bell or whistle on it...looks like they "refined" S-1 switching in favor of these new pickups...i dunno.

I love Fender but this series in particular is tough for me. Nobody cares about the 'extra' features.
          green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyGuitar View Post
            So basically it's some new take on the SCNs? I've played the Strat version.
            Oh crapola! I didn't read that part. I had no idea the scrapped the SCNs. My bad....
            -Butch

Comment

I used to like Fender... back when they were around $1000. They are just like Gibson and keep redesigning the same guitar and charge more for it. Now they cost 2x what they cost just two years ago. People are suffering in this economy and Fender rams us up our behinds.

I do not know what I would do without Carvin. They make guitars to buy for life. Fender makes guitars you buy when you want a new one. Bolt-ons costing over $1200 without a flame maple cap or exotic wood is silly even for Suhr who is a cut above the rest.

Fender just does not get it. Bob Dylan talked about people like them I think when he talked about how people are greedy and caught up in petty everyday pursuits.

"Businessmen they drink my wine
              plowmen dig my earth.
              None along the line know what of its worth"

Comment

Originally posted by hermetico
                My deluxe costed only 200 more than the standard so, it worthed the upgrade to me.
                Now the gap is higher.

A carvin costs not 1200 (that was the price of my deluxe, brand new), does it?
                A carvin neck through with flame maple top and some upgrades cost around 1200. A bolt-on like strat with flame maple and upgrades costs about 1000. American deluxe strats are $1999 now. They used to be around 1200 but the price went way up in the sky over the last 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by UberMetalDood View Post
                  I used to like Fender... back when they were around $1000. They are just like Gibson and keep redesigning the same guitar and charge more for it. Now they cost 2x what they cost just two years ago. People are suffering in this economy and Fender rams us up our behinds.

I do not know what I would do without Carvin. They make guitars to buy for life. Fender makes guitars you buy when you want a new one. Bolt-ons costing over $1200 without a flame maple cap or exotic wood is silly even for Suhr who is a cut above the rest.

Fender just does not get it. Bob Dylan talked about people like them I think when he talked about how people are greedy and caught up in petty everyday pursuits.

"Businessmen they drink my wine
                  plowmen dig my earth.
                  None along the line know what of its worth"
                  Fender makes good guitars but I rather buy two more Carvins for the price of one American Deluxe Strat.

I have two MIM Standard Strats that are just awsome; my Fender GAS is under control thanks to them.
                  Play it like you mean it!

Originally posted by Ayrton
                  Can we please stop with the whole "bigger strings are manly, sound "better", help you get chicks", etc.
                  Originally posted by Funkfingers
                  Anything over twenty five or thirty years old is now deemed "vintage" - even if was a steaming pile of manure to begin with.
                  Originally posted by Funkfingers
                  You played a chord (minimum note count = three) all on one string. Da boy's a genius.

sigpic

Comment

ARghhh god.
                    I now have epic GAS.
                    I don't normally GAS much for strats, but with these new upgrades they are basically EVERYTHING I could ever want in a strat

Comment

This thread's given me strat GAS, too Also, I had forgotten how reasonably priced lots of Fenders are

Comment

Originally posted by UberMetalDood View Post
                        A carvin neck through with flame maple top and some upgrades cost around 1200. A bolt-on like strat with flame maple and upgrades costs about 1000. American deluxe strats are $1999 now. They used to be around 1200 but the price went way up in the sky over the last 2 years.
                        Whoa whoa I agree Carvin is a whole lotta quality for not a lot of money but what you're saying is quite a stretch.

The Fender site says $1999, so that's list price. They'll probably sell for about $1500 give or take $50-$100 either way. It's definitely not cheap but not as expensive as you make it seem.

For $2000 you can get a Fender CS Custom Classic/Custom Deluxe Strat (Always forget which one was the old one and which is the new one).

Comment

What happened to black? Why is black missing as a color option?
                          "Everything must be black, like the storm of justice!"

Comment

They look awesome

Comment

i love modern strats... i love larger frets, flatter radius's, more narrow string spreads, 2 post trems... better louder PU's... The newer Deluxes are kind of cool... best part of them is the necks!!!! super nice necks!

saw a weird finnish on one of these new Deluxes... it had a Candy Red Sunburst with a metallic grey/silver center...

Comment

Working...
                              X