Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strat output

Originally posted by thedrill View Post
    could really use a clue here, got me a 1989 mia standard strat, bought it used, was'nt really loud but sorta ok, then the volume started to drop, my uncle had sent me some pups to try out , fairly high output,
    i put those in and the volume definatly went up, for awhile anyway, then it started to go dim again, have to turn up to 7 to get some decent levels, anything lower and it just drops right off, doesn't shut off compleatly , but barely audible.so i put in a new volume pot,no difference at all.
    however, crank up the gain, or switch on a overdrive pedal, and it will come out just fine . this happens on my 2 amps (Marshall valve state 65 watt./traynor ycs50) and my les paul plays fine thru them.
    anybody got any ideas? not really a strat guy, just barely a les paul guy, really just a smuck with some fancy stuff.
    Got a lot of ideas from the forum on this one ,haven't actually had time to do anything yet. so far i'm leaning toward a putting in a linear pot.
    but a question i have is what would a 500K pot do for me? or just try the linear pot?

Re: strat output

a 500 pot would just let more treble frequencies shine through.

the issue you describe is something I've never heard of before, though it seems like for some reason you get a really short taper, or range in which the pot can slide the frequencies.

don't know alot about linear pots, sorry.

if you can, try out the pots in a different axe.

Comment

Working...
    X