Cool site for modders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool site for modders

If you've ever wanted to go beyond the usual guitar mods, this site is for you. I found this on another board, it has some good information about active circuitry, and how to go about adding the guts from your favorite stompbox to the onboard electronics of your guitar. The author talks about how he added a Boss SD-1 circuit to his Strat, although you could adapt this information to pretty much any DC powered pedal with a Boss-sized circuit board. I wouldn't mind giving something like this a try one day, it could be quite useful to have an onboard delay, wah, or tremolo circuit.

Ryan
    Originally posted by JOLLY
    I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Re: Cool site for modders

Fascinating! That dude's a wizard!

I'd love an OD circuit inside my tele.

Projectocaster is on the way!
    Rambler + Tele + Stylish Chords = Heaven!

Comment

i think a pickup booster onboard would be way more useful
      Originally posted by gibson175
      metal zones are for pussies.

Comment

Originally posted by drew_half_empty
        i think a pickup booster onboard would be way more useful
        also less interesting, a pickup booster in a guitar isnt hard to do. You can get the effect with a simple circuit

Comment

Originally posted by rspst14
          http://users.ev1.net/~medusa56/guitar.htm

If you've ever wanted to go beyond the usual guitar mods, this site is for you. I found this on another board, it has some good information about active circuitry, and how to go about adding the guts from your favorite stompbox to the onboard electronics of your guitar. The author talks about how he added a Boss SD-1 circuit to his Strat, although you could adapt this information to pretty much any DC powered pedal with a Boss-sized circuit board. I wouldn't mind giving something like this a try one day, it could be quite useful to have an onboard delay, wah, or tremolo circuit.

Ryan
          I would really rethink that statement about a delay option ... delay into an overdriven amp ....NOT! Enveloped controlled attack though ... hhhmmm, tasty!
          ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
          ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
          Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

Working...
          X