My new Les Paul is here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My new Les Paul is here!

My my a month away from the forum and I return to see such beauty Nice purchase, i want it!

Comment

awesome guitar, i like the simple look of it, nice and classy and not too flashy!
      Proud Master of Strats.....

Comment

I've been really curious about these pickups. I e-mailed Gibson with the serial number and they confirmed it is a 1991 Classic and was originally sold in Japan. (That'll explain why the owner's manual I got with it is in Japanese ). Gibson also said that the original pickups would have been 500T/496R. A/B-ing them with the Seths in my Standard I couldn't believe they were ceramics, so I had to lift them out and have a look (see latest pics). They both have Patent Applied For stickers on the bottom, and the neck pickup has solder marks that suggest it once had a cover on. I looked in the control cavity again and now I think I do see evidence that someone has been in there! Obviously these aren't the original pickups, and I can only guess they are '57 Classics - or real PAFs.

I'm certain the volume pots are audio tapers too - the rolloff is identical to the CTS 500k audios I fitted in my Standard.

OK, I'll shut up now and go and play it. Thanks for listening.

Comment

that's a stunner. Enjoy...
          Originally posted by Jolly
          ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

Comment

Working...
          X