Another effects question....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another effects question....

I've been curious to how people are getting these sounds. I don't even know if its a guitar but it sounds like it, two songs that come to my mind that have it in them are gimme shelter by the stones and if I remember correctly, when the levee breaks by zeppelin. Its that kind of almost harmonica like sound...thats all I can think of to say...really dry sounding and sounds nothing like I've ever heard on a guitar. Does anybody know?

Re: Another effects question....

I would definately say that is a harmonica in When the Levee Breaks, assuming you are referring to the sound that is at the beginning (as well as a few other parts) there is also some slide guitar too, but I think you are referring to the harmonica. I guess there is some delay and a bit of distortion on the harmonica track too.
    Last edited by dd12939; 10-19-2004, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Re: Another effects question....

In both songs you mentioned...not to mention countless blues and blues/rock calssics that is a harmonica...and for the record, you are not alone...I wish I could get THAT tone with a guitar!!! With a smallish tweed style amp, run to the lock, and a Shure Green Bullet you get that sound with a harp but as for guitar players...I wish I could tell you about a magic box that would do that...when you find one let me know!
      If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Working...
      X