Installing a Trembucker in a Les Paul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing a Trembucker in a Les Paul

I just purchased a JB 4 Trembucker with a nickel cover to install in the bridge position of my Les Paul Studio. The problem is the pickup won't fit in the gibson pick up ring. Has anyone else ever had this problem? If so, what did you do? The pickup comes with a black pickup ring, but the rings on my guitar are creme colored and besides the pickup ring that comes with the pickup looks cheap.

Re: Installing a Trembucker in a Les Paul

Originally posted by vinny6strings View Post
    I just purchased a JB 4 Trembucker with a nickel cover to install in the bridge position of my Les Paul Studio. The problem is the pickup won't fit in the gibson pick up ring. Has anyone else ever had this problem? If so, what did you do? The pickup comes with a black pickup ring, but the rings on my guitar are creme colored and besides the pickup ring that comes with the pickup looks cheap.
    I had that problem. I couldn't work around it. An uncovered Trembucker will squeeze into a standard size mounting ring, but a covered trembucker won't, it will only fit in the mounting ring SD supplies with the pickup.

Best bet is to use an uncovered JB4 trembucker, or if you must have a cover, go for the standard size.

Or another alternative- spraypaint the ring creme

Comment

Sanding the ring for clearance might be another option.
      Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

I just purchased an extra Gibson creme pickup ring. I am going to try sanding the sides to get the extra clearance needed. I'll let you know how it works out. Thanks.

Comment

Modified the pick up ring that I bought by sanding the sides. Pickup now fits properly.

Comment

Working...
          X