Letting go....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letting go....

Any of you had/have problems selling guitars? Especially ones that you wanted a long time?

You'll are prob sick of my threads, but here comes another whiner.. haha
    I always HATE to sell guitars. All I have mean something to me. But as Ive discussed before, I really have to move a bunch for financial reasons. Ive sold a few, but things are moving slow and Im trying not to take a beating.

One good thing that has happened is I have found one guitar that has risen above the others and seems to be one Im playing most. The bad is that I have sold my "i like these, they are cool" guitars. the ones Im looking to move now are guitars like my Charvel 4, my Kramers and others that are guitars that I wanted every since the 80s when they were new.. So its like a dream come true to get them.. So, any tips on feeling better about selling them?

I think the main thing that is making it so hard is that the going rate for selling is way down compared to a few years ago. If I could sell them for what I feel they are worth, Id would be ok. But the prices they are going for lately are about $200 less than what I want and need. Factor in nearly $75 going to Ebay and pay, and that stings..

Any insight?

One last thing.. Im considering selling my Taylor solidbody as its like new and would fetch a decent price.. However, it has the sweetest clean sound of any guitars I own.. But, I dont play clean that much.. WWYD??
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Re: Letting go....

Sell the ones least important and of higher value and work your way down as financial need presented itself. Gotta live. Always more guitars. Keep what you CANT ever replace that will leave you lifelong guessing. You know as soon as you read it which one that is. I dont, but it went through your head.
    Aint no pro but I know what I like....
    Guitar to sound output:
    Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

Re: Letting go....

I like how BTMN put it Bro.

"Wanted one forever" was satisfied as soon as you got it. Whether they're worth KEEPING forever, now that's up to you.

Over the years I've wanted several guitars (a Taylor just like yours included) but I know that I can neither afford nor even house everything I've wanted.
      Best thing to do is prioritize your needs and desires appropriately and only keep what makes you happy HAVING instead of OWNING and PLAYING instead of KEEPING AROUND.

All the best my Brother, I know you'll figure out what to do
      Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
      I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
      Originally posted by That90'sGuy
      Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

Working...
      X