Primal Scream - Rocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primal Scream - Rocks

You know the drill, my amp is an AD30VT, duncan humbucker equipped prs copy.

How the hell do i get the tone from "Rocks" by primal scream. And also, where the hell can i find a tab.
    :: Samick Ultramatic UM4 (PRS Custom 22 Copy) :: 2x Seymour "Duncan Designed" HH-4 :: D'Addario XL .09-.42 :: 1981 Sunburst Epiphone Sheraton VSB :: 2002 Martin Guitars Custom Shop 000-28 :: Vox AD30VT Valvetronix Combo ::

Re: Primal Scream - Rocks

I believe Kevin Shields is still playing guitar with Primal Scream? I believe he still uses Marshall JCM 800 heads in conjunction with the old Marshall shredmaster overdrive pedal and a ton of effects. I'm not sure what axe he's using now but back in the My Bloody Valentine Days he was using a Fender Jaguar.

I think Shields is one of the most talented guitarists of the last 15 years. If you want a great example of his playing check out Loveless by My Bloody Valentine which is his original band. IMHO that album is on par with Nevermind as one of the most influencial guitar albums of the '90s............
    Gear: 2002 Fender Amer. Strat W/TX Specials
    1999 Fender MIM Strat...
    2004 Music Man Sub 1

'94 Fender Deluxe Reverb.
    Line 6 Spider II 1x12
    Boss ME-50
    Boss DD-5

Comment

Isn't it kinda hard to be influential when nobody knows about you?
      I get to go to a lot of overseas places, like Canada.
      -Britney Spears

Comment

Originally posted by ankalar
        Isn't it kinda hard to be influential when nobody knows about you?
        speak for yourself mate, awesome band, heavlily effected sound had a big influence on me. They were a big influence on a certain group. Everyone knows SRV, but he means sh*t to me. Great player no doubt... but hey, whats new. You gottta look a little bit horder for the people who really push the boundaries.
        "I believe the truth is not told between 9 and 5." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Oh, I'm not saying that they're not influential. I'm just saying that it's hard to be one of the most influential albums of the 90's when not many people know of them.
          -Britney Spears

Comment

Originally posted by ankalar
            Oh, I'm not saying that they're not influential. I'm just saying that it's hard to be one of the most influential albums of the 90's when not many people know of them.

Tell you what, do a google search on My Bloody Valentine/Loveless album and see what comes up and also read up. Its my desert island CD. Shields is a master of creating these amospheric tones that are just mind boggling. These walls of beautiful distortion that just are impossible to comprehend. That album had an incredible influence on my playing, and I think anybody who is interested in a album that helped influence a bunch of todays bands should really check it out.

And your right it wasn't a "commercial success" like Nevermind was but how many albums/artists have come out and at the time were dissmissed as too weird or not commercially successful only to have people rediscover them years later and are now considered classics.......
            Gear: 2002 Fender Amer. Strat W/TX Specials
            1999 Fender MIM Strat...
            2004 Music Man Sub 1

'94 Fender Deluxe Reverb.
            Line 6 Spider II 1x12
            Boss ME-50
            Boss DD-5

Comment

I'll have to check them out then
              -Britney Spears

Comment

Working...
              X