banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know where I can Find a Strat body routed for a Tele bridge pickup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know where I can Find a Strat body routed for a Tele bridge pickup?

Anyone know where I can Find a Strat body routed for a Tele bridge pickup, a la DAG Telstar?

Here's an example similar to the guitar I want to build:

Note, that Tele pickguard / Tele control plate setup IS NOT what I am after. I am simply wanting a Strat body with a Tele bridge pickup route.

Warmoth does not seem to have the capability to do this.

Thanks in advance,
    Hunter
    Last edited by ImmortalSix; 04-06-2010, 07:21 AM.
    my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Re: Anyone know where I can Find a Strat body routed for a Tele bridge pickup?

I think one that's routed for a humbucker in the bridge would work, you just need to make a pickguard to work for it.

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
    @ArizonaVoters

Comment

Originally posted by dominus View Post
      I think one that's routed for a humbucker in the bridge would work, you just need to make a pickguard to work for it.
      You think, or you know?

edit:

First off, thanks for your help.

Even if that was true / verifiable, a regular old MIM Strat body won't work for me. The route in the center of the pickup cavity that connects them all is a deal breaker. I really need a body like the $4000 DAG Telstar I pictured in the OP
      Last edited by ImmortalSix; 04-06-2010, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Ok, grabbed an MIM body and a Telecaster pickup.. it'll work if you have the pickup in there straight. If you wanted to angle it more than 15 degrees either way, you'll need a swimming pool rout.

Twitter:
        @ArizonaVoters

Comment

Originally posted by dominus View Post
          Ok, grabbed an MIM body and a Telecaster pickup.. it'll work if you have the pickup in there straight. If you wanted to angle it more than 15 degrees either way, you'll need a swimming pool rout.
          Wow man, thanks for your help! Especially the hands on look at the body and pickup!

I, however, am looking for a regular Telecaster bridge plate and route mounting. No weird angles or anything.

Comment

buy a blank body and get your local luthier to route it for you.
            our first drummer died in a bizzare gardening accident!

I won't dance in a club like this,
            'Cause all the girls are sluts,
            And the beer tastes just like piss.

Comment

Originally posted by jake_xms3_punk View Post
              buy a blank body and get your local luthier to route it for you.
              That's how it's lookin' so far!

Comment

Ooooh, getting warm...
                Last edited by ImmortalSix; 04-05-2010, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Warmoth?
                  Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                  ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
                  Originally posted by Securb
                  The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Comment

Originally posted by ImmortalSix View Post
                    Warmoth does not seem to have the capability to do this.
                    Originally posted by trevorus View Post
                    Warmoth?

Twitter:
                    @ArizonaVoters

Comment

Here is my first mock-up:

Big picture:
                      USACG STP-51 Body in Swamp Ash
                      Fender Road Worn 60's neck
                      Fender Vintage Telecaster bridge
                      Wilkinson compensated brass barrel saddles
                      SSL-1, SSL-1, Jerry Donahue

I want to finish the guitar in baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarely see-thru white. More white than Mary-Kay.

I will obviously get a custom pickguard made, in mint green, that hugs the Tele bridge, has the bottom cut of a Strat pickguard, and the top cut of either a Strat pickguard or a Tele Pickguard.

I am actually building this guitar for a friend as a gift, and they don't know anything about it (surprise!)

I'm trying to gather my years of experience with what sounds the best for the type of music we both like, and dropping it on them all-surprise like.

I will be hitting up Andrizzle for a secksy custom engraved neck plate for sure.

Last edited by ImmortalSix; 04-05-2010, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Is the mini switch for series/parallel, or to bring in the bridge pickup?
                        - Tom

Originally posted by Frankly
                        Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.
                        The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the Crow.

Comment

Originally posted by guitfiddle View Post
                          Is the mini switch for series/parallel, or to bring in the bridge pickup?
                          I meant to throw another knob on there.

I am thinking Hendrix wiring: 3 way (neck, both, bridge) with a blender pot to bring the middle pickup in.

If that doesn't work space-wise on the control plate, I'll do a concentric MV/MT, with the blender pot as the other pot.

And of course a regular Tele 3-way if there's room, or a stealth mini-toggle a-la-my-'51 if I have to use a goofy '51-style control plate to work with USACG's route.
                          Last edited by ImmortalSix; 04-05-2010, 02:24 PM.

Comment

just called warmoth. unfortunately they couldn't do what i wanted (a top routed Squier '51 style body) but they can do the telecaster route in a strat body. a tele bridge route with a cut-off tele bridge would get you there. i bet they would get you a strat hardtail bridge too, or even a trem unit if you wanted one. anyway, i saw this thread and it reminded me i had a question for them, so i hope that helps

Comment

Originally posted by JaySwear View Post
                              just called warmoth. unfortunately they couldn't do what i wanted (a top routed Squier '51 style body) but they can do the telecaster route in a strat body. a tele bridge route with a cut-off tele bridge would get you there. i bet they would get you a strat hardtail bridge too, or even a trem unit if you wanted one. anyway, i saw this thread and it reminded me i had a question for them, so i hope that helps
                              Hey, big thanks, man! I will have to call them, too!

Comment

Working...
                              X