Jamstation, Guitarport and such

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamstation, Guitarport and such

Any cool boxes out there, not too expensive and simple to use for jamming/practice? I'm still not entirely clear on what in the heck guitarport is, strikes me as a cheap version of the POD that can slow down MP3's while maintaining pitch. I'm more interested in something I can plug straight into that has songs to jam with, something like that. What's out there?

Re: Jamstation, Guitarport and such

Guitarport is pretty cool, I got the software for it free with my PODxt, it is pretty handy, like you say it can slow down MP3's and all that but for headphone practice it is def. good for the money, it is essentially a cheap PODxt that you can practice with/record with.

They are only like $100 bucks over there right?

I have no ideas about any of the competition though, sorry.
    "What frequency are you getting? Is it noise or sweet, sweet music?"

Comment

Well I already have the PODxt as well as a J-Station, so I don't think I need just another modeler.

I'm looking for a box to jam with, like a backup band in a box if you will. Know of anything like that that's reasonably priced and not too complicated to use?

Comment

if you got the podXT it's stupid to buy the guitar port as it has all the same features and more.

the guitar port is very handy for recording (all my sound clips except the 1st two were done with the port) you can mod and tweak all the amps and effects, and i believe you can tweak even MORE amps if you connect the PODxt to the computer.. i believe you can store presets in the XT also, but i could be wrong.

for jamming with the band the XT is awesome, for recording purposes only, the guitarport rules, but it can do nothing the XT couldnt do just as good or better as you get the guitar port software with it.

it has that inbuilt player, but i find it useless. nothing i couldnt do with sonique.
        if you find an easy to use band in a program thingy, let me know, i'm looking for one lol.. and a drum machine i could use on the computer

Comment

With the Guitar port you join there website for like 8 bucks a month,And
          you can download acutal backing tracks. I downloaded some of the
          Hendrix stuff. They had Eddie Kramer take Jimi's guitar out of the original
          mix. So basically you jamming with two dead guys Even spooky
          hearing Jimi's voice singing while your playing his guitar parts. But it's a
          blast.
          http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

heh.. the GPOnline thing should be for free

Comment

I have Jamstation. I don't think it's worth the $$. The factory backings are pretty ok, but it is very difficult to program, and in typical Boss fashion, the instructions are difficult to follow. Probably the worst 400 I ever spent.
              Originally posted by Scott_F
              On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

I like my Korg PXR-4 a LOT; portable, great amp models (go to http://twilightsongs2.tripod.com for lots of stupid guitar tricks using the Korg), versitile, and very easy to use.
                Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by kmcguitars
                  With the Guitar port you join there website for like 8 bucks a month,And
                  you can download acutal backing tracks. I downloaded some of the
                  Hendrix stuff. They had Eddie Kramer take Jimi's guitar out of the original
                  mix. So basically you jamming with two dead guys Even spooky
                  hearing Jimi's voice singing while your playing his guitar parts. But it's a
                  blast.
                  Cool, I was gonna subscribe to that once I get my broadband hooked up, I get a month free when I first register (as long as it hasn't expired yet! )
                  "What frequency are you getting? Is it noise or sweet, sweet music?"

Comment

Working...
                  X