banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changing the endpins on an acoustic? - Does it make any difference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing the endpins on an acoustic? - Does it make any difference?

I heard this somewhere, that changing your plastic string pins on an acoustic for some wooden ones helps the tone.

I was just wondering if its true or not, and if anyones tried it with what results - because it seems a cheap and easy way to upgrade an acoustic

Thanks in advance
    My clips

Originally posted by Rid
    How do I block my hardtail?

Re: Changing the endpins on an acoustic? - Does it make any difference?

I have not tried it yet, but will after the first of the year. I have read that changing the endpins, bridge and nut are the biggest things you can do to improve the tone of your acoustic. I'd like to try some of the fossilized ivory saddles, but they're $125 a set.

Here's a link with some info and products. http://www.guitarsaddles.com/Products.htm
    My Sound Clips

Comment

Bridge, Bridgepins and Nut I can vouch for, but´I´ve never noticed an effect changing the endpin ("Strap button")to a different material. But I prefer an ebony pin with an Abalone dot for aesthetics, and IMO ebony Bridgepins also sound best. I use Tusq for Nut and Saddle
      Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

LOL i meant bridgepin
        My clips

Originally posted by Rid
        How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

I meant bridgepins also.
          My Sound Clips

Comment

of course the bridge pins affect the sound. They change the material that the strings come in direct contact with. It changes the whole property of the string's tension, pliability and characteristics (however little it may actually be)
            You can get a suprisingly good country guitar tone out of a Marshall Halfstack.

Comment

Working...
            X