*STOLEN GUITAR* ESP M-I NTB, Holloman AFB, NM area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *STOLEN GUITAR* ESP M-I NTB, Holloman AFB, NM area

I initiated a trade with SBaker_1976 on the Harmony Central Forums; my ESP M-I NTB for his 2ch Dual Rectifier. He (supposedly) dropped the amp off to be packed and would release it upon receipt of the tracking number from me - I sent the tracking number on May 27th, he said he'd have it released on the 28th. Didn't hear from him again until the June 2nd, where he said his son had to go into the hospital and the amp would be delivered the next day (June 3rd). I e-mailed him on both the 3rd and the 4th to let him know the amp had not arrived and that I needed tracking info, but have not heard back from him.

At this point, I've contacted the Carrizozo local authorities - the address I shipped it to turns out to be the residence of an older man who has lived there 'all is life' and denies knowledge of the package at all, according to the officer who I've been in contact with. Carrizozo, NM is a small village with 750 residents, and nobody the officer had spoken to recognized the name Stephen Baker.

According to his HC profile, he's a "Tech sergeant in the USAF," and works in "logistics" at the White Sands Missile Range. This is not true - they have no record of a Stephen Baker working there

I've called every pawn and music shop in the area and notified them of the theft, and a police report has been with the Carrizozo PD (although at this point it's clear that it's probably not even a resident of Carrizozo).

So, be on the lookout for an ESP M-I NTB serial no SS0709213 that's been routed for a neck pickup, and for SBaker_1976/Stephen Baker/[email protected]

If anyone comes across this on eBay, Craigslist, forums, etc (I'm already monitoring as much as I can), PLEASE contact me - I will offer a reward for information that leads to the retrieval of my guitar!

Pictures of the guitar:

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
    Last edited by Virtual Kevorkian; 06-08-2010, 11:16 AM.
    www.JeffDunne.com

Re: *STOLEN GUITAR* ESP M-I NTB, Holloman AFB, NM area

****, that blows. hope you get it back
    Originally posted by Aceman
    It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

If I see him I'll be sure to kick him in the throat.

No but seriously, I hope you get your gear back it sucks that people would do that.
      88-89 Fender HM Strat(Dimarzio pickups)
      Fender Blacktop Jaguar(JB/Jazz)
      Guitar>TU-2>Ernie Ball Volume Pedal>Joyo Octave Fuzz>SD-1>Small Stone Phaser>Amp(Effects loop>DD-7>DD-20>Holy Grail)
      Vox NightTrain 50.
      My Band

Comment

That totally sucks dude. I already have trust issues with the people on eBay and this just solidifies my paranoia.

I hope you find this guy. Not only so that you can get your guitar back, but so that we can all line up and give him a kick in the nut sac.

Best of luck bro.
        If I know I'm going crazy, I must not be insane.

Originally posted by TheLivingDead
        DON'TGETMADBRO

Comment

Originally posted by lex666 View Post
          That totally sucks dude. I already have trust issues with the people on eBay and this just solidifies my paranoia.

I hope you find this guy. Not only so that you can get your guitar back, but so that we can all line up and give him a kick in the nut sac.

Best of luck bro.
          E-Bay and PayPal have protections in place, forum trades do not.

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
          @ArizonaVoters

Comment

Originally posted by dominus View Post
            E-Bay and PayPal have protections in place, forum trades do not.
            Ah, I stand corrected.
            If I know I'm going crazy, I must not be insane.

Originally posted by TheLivingDead
            DON'TGETMADBRO

Comment

Have you done a callout on the harmony forum yet?

I think if I were to do a trade with anyone, I'd get a forum bro I know who's close to the location, have them trade and ship. It's disgusting how many untrustable thieves there are preying on forum users.

I hope you not only get your guitar back, but the guy gets arrested and convicted......probably wishful thinking.
              Originally posted by Boogie Bill
              I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
                Have you done a callout on the harmony forum yet?

I think if I were to do a trade with anyone, I'd get a forum bro I know who's close to the location, have them trade and ship. It's disgusting how many untrustable thieves there are preying on forum users.

I hope you not only get your guitar back, but the guy gets arrested and convicted......probably wishful thinking.
                Yeah, I've posted on every forum I post on (here, HC, ESP, RigTalk, Ultimate Metal). Unless he wants to hold onto it forever, I don't see how he can sell it through any usual channels without me finding out.

The funny part, if he does get caught, he can technically be charged with theft, fraud, and impersonating military personnel, but that's definitely wishful thinking.

Ideally, I'd like to knock him out, remove his pants, and pee on him - he'd never forget that!
                www.JeffDunne.com

Comment

Originally posted by Virtual Kevorkian View Post
                  Ideally, I'd like to knock him out, remove his pants, and pee on him - he'd never forget that!
                  I wonder if someone will sig that.

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
                  @ArizonaVoters

Comment

Dude I feel your pain...sorta.

I'm trying to sell my Mesa Simul 295 right now and some wackjob named Edward is trying to pull the same sorta thing. Sent me a cashier's cheque with someone else's name on it, from a bank in a different province, and it was fedexed to me by some random lady in Washington.

The cheque first of all has no security features. It looks fake. secondly, it's for $2400 above my asking price for the amp. I costed out a shipping rate to AUSTRALIA that worked out to less than $750. Now he emails me saying he's sorry, he should've mentioned that he included some extra money because the shipper he's using is supposed to pick up a couple of other items.

the whole thing reeks of cashier's cheque fraud. doofus mails a cheque, expecting the victim to deposit it. While the bank credits the victim's account with the funds temporarily, the actual funds don't exist. Meanwhile, the victim is expected to ship their merchandise along with a whackload of extra money paid to the "shipper" such that you lose your merchandise, and because the physical funds don't exist, you are losing the money you paid for "shipping" out of your own pocket.

This is total horsesh!t.

I'm just going to cancel the transaction with this doofus.

You on the other hand, sorry to hear man. I hope you get your axe back

Comment

That blows Jeff. I really hate to hear that.

Comment

Get a hold of the Harmony Central admin, they can track his ISP and find him easily with the local sheriff's dept.
                        Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

Originally posted by 80's_Metal View Post
                          Get a hold of the Harmony Central admin, they can track his ISP and find him easily with the local sheriff's dept.
                          The officer I've been in contact with put in a request today for the PD - hoping he didn't use a proxy for all his logins on that (he's posted some legit threads asking questions before, so maybe...). They wouldn't give me the IP address directly, said I had to have law enforcement ask for it. So we'll see!

There's also a chance that FedEx could be required to honor my insurance claim on this, seeing as the resident of the address I shipped the package never received said package, and the person who signed for it is most definitely not the person it was addressed to or someone who lived at that residence.
                          www.JeffDunne.com

Comment

Ah crap! So sorry buddy! I REALLY wish you the best of luck getting ur geetar back from this low-life ******bag scum!
                            I get weak in the knees at the sight of a vintage Fender amp!

Comment

That fukin sucks... This is the reason I own AK-47s.

Hope you get it back man.
                              We have been spellbound... BY THE DEVIL!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X