guitar track recording

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guitar track recording

What program are you guys using to record guitar tracks? I'm looking for something free or extremely cheap to record just guitar tracks and be able to dub over so I can have 2 tracks simultaneously. Just like you guys use when you post clips. I used to have a nice program but I can’t remember the name of it. Also want to be able to go for more then a minute lol
    boreddddddddddd

Re: guitar track recording

Cakewalk for guitarist Pro 3. 32 Tracks ! overdub to your hearts content.
    http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

Since I use Adobe Audition, (not cheap), I don't use or need either of the two copies of Guitar Tracks that came with my J's.

If you want to PM an address, I'll send you one.

Comment

I record on a stand-alone HD unit, and mix with Sonar 3 Producer edition.
        Korg PXR-4 (or Roland VG88) + Yamaha AW16G + Sonar = NOT cheap.
        I started out using Cakewalk Guitar Tracks Pro, tho. It's intuitive and cheap. Highly recommended.
        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

I use Cooledit pro (download), a mic and a minidisk recorder. That's pretty cheap. (And that's why I'm saving up for a new PC and a good mic)

Comment

i've looked at Cakewalk for guitarist Pro 3 but it just seems like overkill for what i'll be using it for. All i want is something that will sound decent and a good way to keep songs i write intill i get together with my band. Not to mention how hard it is to write multi guitar parts without listening to it all together while not playing to see if it's really as good as you think.

BTW Artie of course i'll take one off your hands
            Last edited by Chi3f; 10-27-2004, 01:56 PM.
            boreddddddddddd

Comment

Coming your way.

Comment

I have the Cakewalk Guitar Tracks Pro 3. Even a knucklehead like me can get the basic stuff out of it. Only 150 bucks.
                Originally posted by Scott_F
                On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey
                  I started out using Cakewalk Guitar Tracks Pro, tho. It's intuitive and cheap. Highly recommended.
                  So, are you now my resident GTP expert also?
                  Originally posted by Scott_F
                  On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

Do you think cakewalk or the new cool edit pro version(I think 3.0) is better?

Comment

Cool Edit Pro is now Adobe Audition and cost $300.
                      My Bands -
                      https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
                      www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
                      www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
                      GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey
                        I record on a stand-alone HD unit, and mix with Sonar 3 Producer edition.
                        Korg PXR-4 (or Roland VG88) + Yamaha AW16G + Sonar = NOT cheap.
                        TO, can you PLEASE describe EVERYTHING there is to know about the Korg Pandora PXR-4??? I'm planning on buying one of these probably at Christmas time, and I want to know how good are they.

PLEASE be specific and in-depth!!!

Comment

Originally posted by guitarshredder
                          TO, can you PLEASE describe EVERYTHING there is to know about the Korg Pandora PXR-4??? I'm planning on buying one of these probably at Christmas time, and I want to know how good are they.

PLEASE be specific and in-depth!!!
                          Hehe ... yes, I can! I will do it today. It'll be on another thread, tho -- no need to hijack this one. If you go over to Tips and Clips, you will see the review I just did comparing my Knucklehead running at 50W versus 100W ... so, you'll see what kind of detail I'm talking about.

In the meanwhile, if you go to http://twilightsongs2.tripod.com, and you listen to the jam clips (not the Rivera clips, of course). These are all tracked with my PXR-4. If you go to www.twilight-odyssey.com, all of the solos on the songs posted are the PXR-4, also.

I will also tell you how I like it as an amp modeler versus a full-fledged practice/recording device ...
                          Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                          My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Cubase SX2 on a 2.2 ghz AMD using an Aardvark Q10 interface @ 96k 32 bit

Comment

Working...
                            X