No announcement yet.

Absolutely Loving This!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speakin of batteries........I'm sure other folks have experienced this, but....I guess I'm old school, I like good ol plain jane Ever ready batteries. Here's the thing...the pedal ( talkin 808's here ) seems to sound it's best, to me, right when the battery starts to "sag". Now, I use a good Alkaline, like a Duracell, for live gigs. But for recording, or for playin for my own enjoyment, I always keep a bunch of " used" ever ready batteries around. Anyone else do this ???
    Only The Strong Survive

Comment

I don't know about used ones, but carbon batteries have higher voltages than alkaline - that's the reason to use them, AFAIK.
      "music heals"
      facebook

Comment

Hey ya' Curly. Good to hear from ya, man!!! I hear ya on the batteries. Maybe it's just me, but right before the battery dies, it seems like the Overdrive get's just , kind of..... well it hit's it's Sweet Spot, in a manner of speakin'. I don't know...maybe it's just too many gigs, too many late nights..LOL
        Only The Strong Survive

Comment

Originally posted by Curly
          I don't know about used ones, but carbon batteries have higher voltages than alkaline - that's the reason to use them, AFAIK.
          Hello Curly...I never actually see the carbon batteries,but I only use a battery during the testing stages of my mods...If I play live,I'll only use either the Boss PSA or the Ibanez 9v adapters with all of my pedals...One thing I do notice,is that a pedal is tighter and brighter with the adapter than it is with any battery I've ever tryed..If you have a pedal that just seems a bit saggy in the lows,the adapter usually is a cure...

John
          Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

I think pedals sound better with batteries. I think it's the way the power drains from the battery, makes the pedals sound better.
            Only The Strong Survive

Comment

Working...
            X