Esp LTD EC1000 or Agile 3000?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Esp LTD EC1000 or Agile 3000?

Wich one of these would be the better guitar in terms of build quality, feel, playability, and sound. O and if i got the agile I would swap out the PU's for some SD.

Re: Esp LTD EC1000 or Agile 3000?

I dunno man, but I wanna see how this thread goes. I'm thinking I might jump on an al-3100 after getting paid.
    The prices are stupid low and most people who buy them, love them.

Comment

from the specs I'd say the AL 3000, I've played a bunch of the ESP Eclipses and hate the necks way too thin and uncomfortable.

So if you are more of a fan of meaty Gibson neck profiles the AL will be the ticket, but if you like shredder guitars then the ESP is the way to go.
      LP_Junkie

http://nerosopeningact.bandcamp.com

Comment

Both EC1000 and 3000 seem to be great guitars. If you have the opportunity try both of them out since the playability really differ from person to person.
        I am not sure about the quality since I have not used either LTDs Agiles.
        "We live thinking we will never die. We die thinking we had never lived. Cut it out." - Jason Becker

"The Only Thing That Is Constant Is Change" - Heraclitus

sigpicHouse of Jackson, Charvel, ESP, BC Rich, Dean etc.. Fans. Come and Join us!

Comment

isnt the ec1000 the one that has a thinner body than the ec401? who was it that told me that?

Comment

Yeah, if you want the feel of a Gibson, get the Agile. I can attest to their quality, I had a few of the PRS clones, great guitars.

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
            @ArizonaVoters

Comment

^that's encouraging. Awesome. I dunno when I'm done moving gear I think I'm gonna get a al-3100 in an odd color.

Comment

I highly recommend an Agile AL-3000 or AL-3100. If the cosmetics are important, get a plain or solid top; the flame veneer one that I have looks a bit fake. Everything else about the Agile is comparable to my Classic, otherwise.

And for what it's worth the stock pick-ups on these models are a very nice Alnico V, similar to a '59 set. I opted to put an A2 set in mine but only because my Gibsons have A5 and I wanted a different flavor. I do use the Agile pups in another guitar though.

Comment

Originally posted by FuseG4 View Post
                  isnt the ec1000 the one that has a thinner body than the ec401? who was it that told me that?
                  Ya it's true EC1000 is thinner than EC401. Still a really good guitar.
                  Originally posted by grumptruck
                  No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
                  Originally posted by Gear Used
                  PRS CE 22 (Custom 5 / 59)
                  Gibson Les Paul (Screaming Demon / Pearly Gates)
                  Mesa Stiletto Ace
                  Gurus 5015
                  Mesa Widebody 1X12
                  Pedalboard

Comment

Originally posted by lp_junkie View Post
                    from the specs I'd say the AL 3000, I've played a bunch of the ESP Eclipses and hate the necks way too thin and uncomfortable.

So if you are more of a fan of meaty Gibson neck profiles the AL will be the ticket, but if you like shredder guitars then the ESP is the way to go.
                    My current guitar has 12 in radius is the ltd a lot thinner?

Comment

Funny that I saw this, I was just about to post asking about the Agiles after seeing this video Can someone tell me why I would ever buy a les paul for $2000? I guess the flame looks fake on the Agile? That is a shame, I really want a flame one but I don't want to buy something that looks cheesy. Looks pretty good in the video.

Comment

Originally posted by sbecker67 View Post
                        I highly recommend an Agile AL-3000 or AL-3100. If the cosmetics are important, get a plain or solid top; the flame veneer one that I have looks a bit fake. Everything else about the Agile is comparable to my Classic, otherwise.

And for what it's worth the stock pick-ups on these models are a very nice Alnico V, similar to a '59 set. I opted to put an A2 set in mine but only because my Gibsons have A5 and I wanted a different flavor. I do use the Agile pups in another guitar though.
                        The model i was looking at has a quilt top do you know if these look fake?

Comment

Fake may be a strong word. They use a real piece of figured maple, albeit a thin laminant. The problem is the thick finish that's used doesn't make the figure look 'natural', it has sort of a plasticy appearance. All their guitars are heavily finished but I have to believe that the plain maple tops look better beneath all that lacquer.

If you're buying the guitar thinking it's going to have a figured eye candy top like a Gibson, you'll be disappointed. If you're buying the guitar because you want the Gibson feel and tone you will not. Ergo, get a plain top!!

Here's a few nice ones:

Comment

Agiles are tempting...
                            "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
                            "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
                            "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

I can't say enough good things about the ec1000 that I owned for 6 years. However, it is different from a gibson: thinner body, smaller neck. It'll get you somewhere close but not quite there if you're after the LP tone and feel.

Agiles have been hit or miss for me but they were always the 2000 series. Specs-wise, they're definitely closer to gibbys...

Comment

Working...
                              X