banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tell me about the Gibson Explorer 90..??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tell me about the Gibson Explorer 90..??

I have recently come accross a gibson Explorer 90 that has my eye. I vaguely remember them back when they were released 89-90. They are the explorer shape but 90% of the size, (look more like that other model than the explorer pro) have a bucker and single coil and string thru body. Was made for Matthias Jabs.
    Anyone ever have or play one?? Sound and play good?? Is it 24.75" ? the listing has it at 25.5.
    Any info would be helpful.. thanks
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Re: tell me about the Gibson Explorer 90..??

I have one but the single was pulled and the kahler pulled and filled. 24 frets and IIRC it is 25.5. I dig it.
    Aint no pro but I know what I like....
    Guitar to sound output:
    Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

25.5? really.. hmm.. I wish this one had a kahler..Im not keen on the string thru.. Thanks for the info! I should have known that you'd have one Gene.. haha Guru of all things pointy.
      Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Here is the current Ex90, from Dommenget. Specs are basically the same as Gibsons, except for the pickups.

http://www.guitarmaker.de

Comment

i'm absolutely intrigued by the idea of a 25.5" explorer...
          i'm GASsing pretty hard over here right about now...

Comment

N.S.F.W. : http://www.deanguitars.com/userpics/lib/e90kit.jpg

Aint no pro but I know what I like....
            Guitar to sound output:
            Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

Originally posted by whatshisname View Post
              Here is the current Ex90, from Dommenget. Specs are basically the same as Gibsons, except for the pickups.

http://www.guitarmaker.de
              WOW! Bet these cost a mint.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
              X