banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I was never a fan of Strats... and then this...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I was never a fan of Strats... and then this...

Originally posted by Funkfingers View Post
    To all practical intents and purposes, Gilmour's stage rig IS a studio rig.
    His studio is on a houseboat which has small doors and not a whole lot of space so he developed a rig that would fit that and being small and manuvarable is good for the stage as well.
    "If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to him again." ~ Stan Laurel

Comment

Mattt, your strat is stunning.
      Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Remember strats are very funny animals.Some resonate,quack and sound great,then some others are toneless plinky sounding coffea tables with strings.
        So if your after a legandary strat tone I'd try a few differant ones.I've found that evan the expensive models can be dogs sometimes.
        If your gonna build might I suggest bhefner.com I bought a 50's strat body custom drilled for a 3 bolt 70s neck.I finished it in nitro and it resonates like a SOB!! You can get 50s 60s or 70s contour bodies and a tone of neck options just like warmoth. IMO his quality is second to none and prices are d@mn resonable too.
        Last edited by Guitar-Sam; 06-26-2010, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Pulse was the red 57 strat with the EMG DG20.

I actually liked the look of the black strat better, so I made myself a Gilmourish hybrid of the two. Cost me $500 in used parts for and olf MIM JV strat and a DG20 thrown onto a black pickguard.

Comment

I once made my own reproduction of the black strat. Well, cosmetically speaking. It was a black MIM strat, on which I swapped the pickups and the guard. So pretty much the same concept as TattooedCarrot's guitar.

I started playing guitar because my dad listened to that concert so much. I actually have a tattoo on my arm that incorporates the words ''Shine On'' because that song was, is, and will always be my favorite musical piece. It inspired me to get back to playing music after quitting the piano, and for that I am thankful.
            - Gibson CS ES339 - Gibson Les Paul Trad - Gibson J-200 Standard - Fender Hwy1 Strat - Gibson Captain Kirk Douglas SG - Takamine E-series Acoustic - Fender Blues Deluxe - Fender Excelsior -

Comment

Working...
            X