JCM 401 or fender blues jr.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JCM 401 or fender blues jr.

I am looking for a new good amp. I like to play alot of clean and light vintage distortion. What are the plus and minuses to these amps

Re: JCM 401 or fender blues jr.

the Blues Junior is a great little practice amp with a warm tone somewhere between tweed and Blackface to my ears.
    they can benefit from a few tweaks, but the basic tone is there to begin with.

I have clips all over my site with my B Jr. There's also tons of info over on the FDP Forum.
    "music heals"
    facebook

Comment

Dunno about the marshall, but the blues jnr seems like an excellent choice for someone wanting the fender clean sound and overdrive that's not a million miles away from an SRV-style tone at bedroom levels.
      Originally posted by Jolly
      ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

Comment

Originally posted by Curly
        the Blues Junior is a great little practice amp with a warm tone somewhere between tweed and Blackface to my ears.
        they can benefit from a few tweaks, but the basic tone is there to begin with.

I have clips all over my site with my B Jr. There's also tons of info over on the FDP Forum.
        Yup, I bought my Blues Junior about a year ago. Curly-mon gave me just about the same response he just gave you. I researched it, bought it, made a few minor mods (tubes, speaker) = Schweeet Tone. Don't get me wrong, it sounds very good right outta the box, but as we all know, it's hard to leave something alone when others with more knowledge lead us to the promised land ---> TONE!!! Good luck. Thanks again, G

Peace,

Darrin

Comment

yup. blues jr with a greenback and a good set of tubes sounds great.

it isnt the most feature laden amp, but does its trick well as long as high gain from the amp isnt something you need

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSnMettle
            Yup, I bought my Blues Junior about a year ago. Thanks again, G

Peace,

Darrin
            haha, D

just returning the favor after someone else turned me on to the same amp
            "music heals"
            facebook

Comment

Working...
            X