Should I pull the trigger on this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I pull the trigger on this?

It's so pretty... But I'm not really a fan of Les Paul style guitars.

Then again, one should always have a Les Paul of some sort if they have a studio.

Dave Mustaine: How many of you can play guitar?
    Crowd: *screams*
    Dave Mustaine: How many of you can play guitar as well as I do?
    Dave Mustaine: YOU LIE!!!!!!!!

Re: Should I pull the trigger on this?

have never played an Agile, but if you do a search am sure you'll find tons of threads on here praising the quality of their guitars. They have a double-cutaway am really curious about.
    "If it ain't been in a pawn shop, it can't play the blues" - Frank Edwards

Originally posted by ginormous
    If the body was in like-new condition, then I might consider it. That one looks like it's been used for a snowboard.

Comment

If I was going to get a Les Paul, I'd look at Agiles first. I've had a few of them (and the PRS copy ones, before they changed the body) and they were all great guitars.

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
      @ArizonaVoters

Comment

I love Agiles. They're fantastic guitars, but I don't really like Les Pauls. This one just so happens to be gorgeous.

Does anyone know if I might change my mind on Les Paul style guitars if I actually get one? I really don't know, myself. It would be a lot easier to tell if I should get this if I could try it out, first.

Comment

Buy a Gibson

Comment

Originally posted by Lucid_Lunatic View Post
            Buy a Gibson
            I have a Gibson. It just happens to be a Hummingbird.

Comment

Originally posted by Vincent Vespa View Post
              I love Agiles. They're fantastic guitars, but I don't really like Les Pauls. This one just so happens to be gorgeous.

Does anyone know if I might change my mind on Les Paul style guitars if I actually get one? I really don't know, myself. It would be a lot easier to tell if I should get this if I could try it out, first.
              I didn't. I don't like the switch position. (Not that I use a switch anyway. )

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
              @ArizonaVoters

Comment

You can only make it happy by bringing home a Les Paul............. You don't want your hummingbird to be lonely, do you?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucid_Lunatic View Post
                  You can only make it happy by bringing home a Les Paul............. You don't want your hummingbird to be lonely, do you?
                  It was left in an attic for 30 years. It's long past the time of it being lonely... It's a hermit guitar now.

Comment

Originally posted by dominus View Post
                    I didn't. I don't like the switch position. (Not that I use a switch anyway. )
                    That's my problem with them, too.

Comment

Spend the extra $100 and get an Al-3100. Spend the extra $200 and get an AL-3100M for a 3/4" maple top and not the thin laminant.

The Dauntless models are fine, but the upgrades you get on the 3100+ models are not only worth the money but are closer in spec to a LP

Comment

Wow, am totally jealous. I think a '60 Hummingbird is my dream guitar, electric or acoustic.
                        "If it ain't been in a pawn shop, it can't play the blues" - Frank Edwards

Originally posted by ginormous
                        If the body was in like-new condition, then I might consider it. That one looks like it's been used for a snowboard.

Comment

Originally posted by sbecker67 View Post
                          Spend the extra $100 and get an Al-3100. Spend the extra $200 and get an AL-3100M for a 3/4" maple top and not the thin laminant.

The Dauntless models are fine, but the upgrades you get on the 3100+ models are not only worth the money but are closer in spec to a LP
                          But then I don't get the pretty finish that makes me want to get it, anyway. I would be wanting this guitar as more of a functional eye candy, more than anything else. A guitar for my friends who like Les Pauls to play when they're jamming or recording.

Comment

Originally posted by breakdanceattiffanys View Post
                            Wow, am totally jealous. I think a '60 Hummingbird is my dream guitar, electric or acoustic.
                            I got lucky with mine. I inherited it from my great aunt when she died. The sad thing is that it was her "cheap" guitar. My stupid relative-in-law who married my great aunts ex-husband sold all of the good stuff to a pawn store. :-\ It makes me sad to think I could have had a 50's Les Paul and Strat for free.

Regardless, I got a fantastic guitar for free and that is more than I deserve. It just makes me really upset to think that the Gibson and Strat got sold to a pawn store for $1000 each. That's just disgusting.

Comment

That's my problem with them, too.
                              I really like Les Paul style guitars but the position of the switch bugs me too. Any time I get a new one the first thing I do is loosen the nut, get out the pliers and twist that switch about 90 degrees so that it operates from left to right instead of up and down. That way wen I accidentally catch it on my sleeve when I'm strumming it won't switch pickups. I always take the plastic tip off too because without that on there I almost never even touch the switch by accident. Once you get to where you're only flicking the switch intentionally it's the handiest location for anything ever, in my opinion.

If it really bugs you then you could always take it out of the circuit and add a miniswitch down beside the knobs. I've done this on an old Les Paul copy I used to have as well. I just took out one of the tone pots, wired the other one for master tone and added a switch in the free hole.

There's no other guitar that sounds like a good Les Paul. It's a guitar I think everyone should have in their arsenal, even if it is just to comlpliment your main guitar when recording. I'd go for it.
                              I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Working...
                              X