i need info about wiring bourns pots.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i need info about wiring bourns pots.

i just got some in and have no idea how you wire these up. looking at them sitting upright the lugs make a triangle type shape. but i have no idea which one you solder which wire to. also where to you solder the ground wires? there are only 4 metal spots on the back one in each corner. and they are about the size of the tip of my soldering iron. but there is no way i would be able to solder anything to those. i would really like to try these as i have heard alot of good about them. but i am afraid they might be more of a hassle than they are worth.

Re: i need info about wiring bourns pots.

The upper center lug is the wiper just like a regular pot and the outer lower lugs are the resistive element, also just like a standard pot.

No need to ground the cases since they are not metallic. The only real hassle is you do need to find a place to get all the grounds back to the jack somehow. Probably the easiest is to get a metal little ground lug and star ground to it as needed and then connect to the output jack.

Grounding Lug looks something like this:

Or I have seen these used as well:

Comment

Re: i need info about wiring bourns pots.

that does not seem as bad as i thought it would be. but to be completely sure. if i am holding the pot with the lugs sticking down like in the duncan wiring diagrams. the one on the left will be my pickup hot the one in the middle that is furthest away will be for my switch and the one on the right will be for ground or whatever else. if that is right then it should be easy enough for me to do.

Comment

Working...
      X