Joe Till Guitars - neat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Joe Till Guitars - neat!

Some replies re: #109 and Till Guitars...

Pricing: If you're at all interested, give Joe a shout via his website/email/phone. It is true that he's seeking top dollar for much of his work, and deserving it, I might add. But, you'll also notice on his site a Guitar of the Month feature, where he sells off a guitar he's been using to play with for a while. Some great deals to be had there. And even one some others, you may likely find a guitar / price that fits your needs.

Someone else asked about pickups in it. Here are all the specs on 109:

Body: Alder (this is the core of the body, which includes the edges and center block. Note that though only the top portion of 109 has an F-hole, it is, like most/all of Till guitars, hollow throughout, except for a block running up the center)
    Top: Quilted Northern Maple
    Back: Curly Eastern Silverback Maple
    Fret board: Pao Ferro, 12 inch radius, 22 jumbo frets, abalone dot inlay
    Neck: 25.5" scale. 3 bands of Curly Hard Maple, 2 bands of California Walnut plus 2 added on dogears to headstock.
    Headstock veneer: quilted maple

HARDWARE & ELEC.
    Pickups: Neck = S.D. SH-1 '59 ; Bridge = S.D. SH-4 JB
    Bridge / Tail piece: Gotoh
    Tuners: Grover
    Frets: Jumbo (silver/nickel)
    Nut: cowbone
    Master vol & tone controls
    Coil taps for both pickups
    3-way pickup selector

Bevel / German carve: This is actually one of my favorite features of Till guitars. Still don't understand how a man's hands can create such a smooth carve. Anyway... as on 109, I love this carve/bevel. The body shape (which I think is a really cool design) has a roundness to it. But then the bevel adds a sharpness to the look. Makes for an interesting combo look.

Finally, the headstock. I really dig the headstock design that Joe's created for his model TG-250, like #109. It's very unique, and a great look for an electric guitar. It just looks like the guitar wants to move forward, dig in, and play!

Comment

Wow.

Those guitars look amazing.
      If I know I'm going crazy, I must not be insane.

Originally posted by TheLivingDead
      DON'TGETMADBRO

Comment

Not my cup of tea but cool looking guitars nevertheless......
        Gibson Les Paul R8 in Ebony
        Roland Cube 60
        Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier Head & Mesa Boogie 2x12 Horizontal Rectifier Cabinet
        BadCat Unleash V1 Attenuater/Re-amplifier
        LoopMaster Clean Dirty A/B Looper Switcher
        Mogami Cables
        Mooer Candy Toppers
        Pedals: Mad Professor Silver Spring Reverb, Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay, Neunaber Stereo WET Reverb, Keeley 30ms DoubleTracker, & TC Electronic Polytune.
        Extras: AmpWedge & Auralex Great Gramma ISO Platform

Comment

Pretty awesome. I really dig the shape but I'd like a plainer design, I think. Something with a flat top and a flat nitro finish or something.
          I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

oooh, me likey!!!
            Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
            I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
            Originally posted by That90'sGuy
            Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

Joe is a great guy and obviously a very talented builder. He's also a great player. I wish he'd do a Guest Luthier Q&A, but he's shy when it comes to the Internet.
              Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
              Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

A pity, I just know he must got so much to tell us, you can't be that good without a real love and understanding for what you do.
                Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
                I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
                Originally posted by That90'sGuy
                Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

Working...
                X