banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone show me a Warmoth Strat battery box job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone show me a Warmoth Strat battery box job?

I'm going to be installing DG-20 active pickups in a Warmoth start I'm ordering.

I'd like a battery box, but don't want to take away from the guitar's tone by removing any more wood, so can anyone show me where they place the battery box at?

Anyone notice any tone differences with the box installed?
    We have been spellbound... BY THE DEVIL!!!!!!

Re: Can anyone show me a Warmoth Strat battery box job?

dude, put it in the control cavity! there's plenty of room in there!

also, if you're going that route, may as well just use a battery clip instead of a box setup.

Comment

Originally posted by BrockSamson View Post
      I'm going to be installing DG-20 active pickups in a Warmoth start I'm ordering.

I'd like a battery box, but don't want to take away from the guitar's tone by removing any more wood, so can anyone show me where they place the battery box at?

Anyone notice any tone differences with the box installed?
      I don't know of any battery box installation that detracts from the guitar's sound. I have Hamers, Jacksons, and Parkers that have battery boxes.....I would not be concerned with it.

You would plenty of room in the control cavity, but the box is a nice convenience for battery changes without having to take the back cover off....some guys I know change batteries before every show (I thinks it's overkill, but to each his own).
      Originally posted by LesStrat
      Of course, I lack the requisite intellectual capacity to engage in a theoretical discourse regarding the sociological and ethical implications of the absurd and incongruous concept of personal ownership of firearms and the ridiculous supposition that humans are capable of responsibly using said weapons.

Comment

it's a top-route Strat so I'd have to pull the pickguard when changing it

Comment

well if you don't mind doing that, then yeah, just stick it in the control cavity with everything else.

If you really don't want to, you'll have to remove SOME wood to make an accessible route. I would probably do it on the back, on the lower bout, a few inches south of where the trem claw is. That way you should be able to drill a fairly short hole from the battery route straight to the control cavity.

Comment

You would lose the least wood by routing through the back into the control cavity. As long as there's room for everything to fit, I think that would be the best way.
            Band: www.colouredanimal.com
            Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
            Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

I just ordered the body without the battery box. For as long as active pickups last on a single 9V it wont be nothing to replace the battery every couple string changes.

Comment

Originally posted by BrockSamson View Post
                I just ordered the body without the battery box. For as long as active pickups last on a single 9V it wont be nothing to replace the battery every couple string changes.
                Yeah, that's how most guys do it with a Strat. The Clapton Strat, for example, doesn't use a battery box.
                Band: www.colouredanimal.com
                Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
                Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

Working...
                X