banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone tried the ibanez ART100 or ART300?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone tried the ibanez ART100 or ART300?

i am looking for a low budget guitar to just me back into playing again. until i get the money saved for something better. i have saw these a few times. but never really messed with them. i kind of like the textured finish of the ART300 but the ART100 comes in more finish options. so i was wondering what anyone who tried them thought? so far those and the squier john 5 tele are the main ones i am looking at.

Re: anyone tried the ibanez ART100 or ART300?

if you want a Les Paul vibe the Ibanez is gonna be closer than the J5. I like those ART's man they're not bad for cheap...thought about pickin one up cheap several times.

We have one of the double-cut versions from a few years ago for like $250 at my shop...i'm always tempted to get it on a good pay day or something...just cuz i'm addicted to cool black guitars.

All that said...i think the J5 is a cooler guitar overall and since it's a Tele it works better as a 'cheap guitar'...i.e. you can get pissed and throw it out the window and it should still be fine as long as you get to it before anybody else does...
    Last edited by Empty Pockets; 06-30-2010, 07:58 PM.
    green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

We had both at our shop, and they're well built guitars. Pickups and hardware can be changed out.

I borrowed one for a weekend when I was seriously considering making it a part of the stable. It held it's own against several high end electrics (that I owned at the time), but in the end, I just can't mix with LP style guitars. And I cry at night about it.
      This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

They are decent guitars I prefer the disco'd AR250 but easy to find. They are a doublecut guitar and a little thinner than a trad LP but I think they have a closer vibe to the LP than the AR100/300.
        My Bands -
        https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
        www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
        www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
        GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Working...
        X