banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm a bit out of touch with the music world: which higher end Fender for me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I'm a bit out of touch with the music world: which higher end Fender for me?

Mhm that reminded me in fact...

I still want a Musicman Silhouette BAD. These were the perfect guitars for me.

But go find them reasonably priced in Europe

Silouhette special (22 frets), hardtail, HSS or SSS, in blue... niiiice...

Comment

Re: I'm a bit out of touch with the music world: which higher end Fender for me?

Dude unless you're gonna get a custom shop relic or something you're wasting your time. The Highway 1 is the best mass-produced Fender being built right now...all the others are coated in plastic and feel cheap.

When I'm at my store I don't even waste time with any Strats that aren't Highway 1's or custom shop...i know that sounds crazy but the rest just don't feel alive. Some play great, sound great, sure...they're just...coated in plastic...
      green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

To be honest I was having a strum with the H1 last night... and I'll be damned if she isn't LOUD and proud sounding. I love this guitar. Sound wise, I doubt I could find something incredibly better lest I spend 1,500 euros more. But build quality and specs wise, I want something closer to what i want out of a Strat

Comment

In the upper price class, I'd look at G&Ls, Suhrs, and Tylers.

Or if you're set on all those specs, Warmoth..
          My Soundclick

Comment

Buy a stick...wallaham it, and put in some bonegrinder singlebucker p-99s with metal housings, use only sticks from Louisiana swamps....
            Remember to assemble it under a red moon!
            Preferly at the location of Spitzbergen!
            Oi!

And cover the dratted thing in rubber and toneplastic!
            P'S use Alceramic 98 magnet hybrids with electro controlled gaussing!
            Order it all from Wermouth!
            The turtle rules at high speeds!

And put Becks guitarshop while you are at it!!
            ...hehe
            Last edited by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon; 07-03-2010, 06:44 AM.

Comment

I found it.

A 2,750 euros Custom shop 60s Strat in I think Daphne blue or some kind of light blue.

Best guitar I have EVER played. Absolutely incredible. I almost cried

Comment

best strat I ever played was a CS model too- a 63? a 65? Closet Classic In LPB- amazing guitar that had everything- Looks, HUGE tone, and played like butter even with the toothpick frets. One I'll likely never forget- stupidly I spent the money instead on a very pretty, tonally average guitar. I later went back to buy that Strat and of course it was gone.

Don't make the same mistake I did!
                I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre View Post
                  I found it.

A 2,750 euros Custom shop 60s Strat in I think Daphne blue or some kind of light blue.

Best guitar I have EVER played. Absolutely incredible. I almost cried
                  Exactly. A good custom shop reissue is a completely different class of beast from anything MIM in a factory.

Most of the old guys i know that play serious guitar (and don't have vintage pieces) play Custom Shop Fenders and Gibsons exclusively...because they're frickin incredible.

Comment

The day I play a Gibson is the day I turn English! That or it's an SG

Yeah... I played a US Std Strat and tonally it didn't feel better than my HW1. In fact my HW1 is noticeably thicker and much louder in sound acoustically.

An American 60s reisue sounded a lot better than the Am Standard however. But in this country it cost 1,500 euros. No way.

There's a second hand CS 60s for 1,790 euros at the same shop where I saw the blue one. But it's closet classic and has some light finish relicing which I don't like. It didn't sound or play as well either but that's because the strings were too low for me I think (I'm used to strings being about 5mm off the frets).

This second hand CS MAY be in my capabilities within the end of the summer but this one is a dream that'll fly past I fear... What a guitar. I'd never felt so emotional and excited at playing an instrument before. Incredible.

Comment

^ Sounds like that's the one you need to get. Talk to the shop about layaway...

Comment

Yeah... I would... but I have a 6 months long trial period and while I'm doing ok right now, it's still not a wise investment at all... such is life.

Comment

Working...
                        X