Ibanez trem problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez trem problems

So I'm building an ibanez RG from old bits, how was I to know that they changed the trem from what ever vintage mine is to the newer edge III.
    Needless to say I now have shiny trem that doesn't fit my older body (RG550 MIJ).
    That's another thing for the bay.
    Anyone got a trem that will fit?
    It's a valve sporker... it sporks valves

Re: Ibanez trem problems

I *think* a standard Floyd Rose branded Floyd will fit. Not 100% sure.
    "If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to him again." ~ Stan Laurel

Comment

Originally posted by John_L View Post
      I *think* a standard Floyd Rose branded Floyd will fit. Not 100% sure.
      I suspect you're right. In fact I suspect almost any one would fit apart from an Ibanez edge III

Comment

I don't think it would be too hard to find an original Edge, Edge Pro or Edge Lo Pro, whichever the body was originally routed for. Haven't a couple of those been re-issued anyway? If you had the option to go with another unit than the Edge III, why would you try to go with the Edge III? It isn't their highest quality unit. It's what they throw on their mid and low end budget guitars.
        Originally posted by ratherdashing
        If you don't see the value of a good 1 watt tube amp, it probably means one or more of the following:

- You live out in the country
        - You hate your neighbours
        - You mistakenly believe that your big amp with the master volume at 0.5 sounds good
        - You love solid state amps
        - You don't actually play guitar
        - You kick puppies

Comment

Originally posted by Koreth View Post
          I don't think it would be too hard to find an original Edge, Edge Pro or Edge Lo Pro, whichever the body was originally routed for. Haven't a couple of those been re-issued anyway? If you had the option to go with another unit than the Edge III, why would you try to go with the Edge III? It isn't their highest quality unit. It's what they throw on their mid and low end budget guitars.
          Second hand availability really. Yes I can get a brand new replacement but it'll cost £200, which is a lot to spend on a parts guitar.

Comment

The bay has several ibanez part sellers with many bridges. After you sell the edge III, you may get an Edge, Edge Pro or Original F.Rose with second hand option.

And as an addition, consider the right spesifications like measurements, radius etc. if you prefer to choose original f.rose.
            www.tonejourney.com
            www.instagram.com/tonejournei​

Comment

Working...
            X