Got the new OLP - Not too bad at all, one question though

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the new OLP - Not too bad at all, one question though

The OLP axis copy that I bought off of ebay last week came today. It's a pretty nice little guitar. I had played one at GC a while back and I really dug the feel of the neck so I gave it a shot. It feels pretty good. It has a really loud acoustic sound for a solidblody. A lot louder than my wolfgang. I think it's gonna be real cool once I mod it. The pups are pretty crappy
    (what do you expect) and they're not even screwed into the wood. They're on springs or foam or something and they wobble like crazy. Once I put in the TB-5 that will be solved. The wiring is terrible. No sheilding at all. Again though, I was going te re-wire it from the beginning, so not really a let down there. The one thing I am a little dissapointed in though, is that the frets are a little shorter than I had expected. They also seem to be a little rough. Is there something I can do to make the frets a little smoother for bends? If I were going to buy a guitar with the intention of no mods I would not reccomend this guitar. But since I already have a spare tb-5, a Wilkinson, a Graphtech nut and some electronics lying around I think this is going to turn out being a really sweet little guitar.
    Current Gear: USA Custom Dinky S: Mahogany Body, Pau Ferro Neck & board, DD, Jazz. Schecter C1 E/A: C5, Jazz. Wolfgang Special USA: Air Zone, Air Norton. Ibanez RG7621 7 string. Schecter Stiletto Studio 5 string Bass. Line 6 Vetta 2 with Mesa Recto Cab
    Past Gear : Schecter C1 Blackjack. ESP LTD KH602. Ibanez S 7 string. Ibanez RG7420 7 string. Mesa Rect-o-verb Head. Peavey Classic 50 4x10. Line 6 POD 2.0
Working...
X