Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Destroyer - how much?

Ibanez DT300 - $2000

Now I know these things are kinda rare, and that the Adrian Smith connection does add a premium... but two grand, and it only comes with a gigi bag?
    It's a valve sporker... it sporks valves

Re: Destroyer - how much?

That's new? Looks beat.
    Originally posted by Brown Note
    I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
    My Blog

Comment

These are EXCEEDINGLY rare- very very few were made (and only for Japan-no exports) and I've never seen one up for auction. They are mahogany with an ebony board, unlike the DT50s which were alder, with a birch neck & rw board.

It's in fantastic shape too considering. I'd be all over it had I the cash.
      I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB View Post
        These are EXCEEDINGLY rare- very very few were made (and only for Japan-no exports) and I've never seen one up for auction. They are mahogany with an ebony board, unlike the DT50s which were alder, with a birch neck & rw board.

Ah, so they really are rare with a capital R, rather than the usual only available in every store.
        Still think $2k is a little much considering what you can pick up a DT555 for, then again I never really understood 'collectable' prices

Comment

Yeah- there is virtually no info about these and pics are extremely rare- I've sen estimates as low as 100 units made.

DT555s are far more common, and have some big differences in construction that for some (myself included) make them less desireable- the junky stock trem (not the Kahlers) and 3 pups for one- but mostly the change to basswood body and maple neck, along with the very different neck profille and wider frets.
          I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Well fancy that. it didn't sell.
            Now re-listed Here

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB View Post

Yeah I've only see one other one b efore very nice!
              BASSES: Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass/Ric 4003 Bass (Blue)
              Fender 51 P Bass RI/Traveler Bass
              Schecter 5 String (Sunburst)/Gibson SG EBO RI
              Epiphone Rivoli (VC Sunburst)
              Warwick Thumb BO/Kramer DMZ 4000/
              Fender Jazz 72 RI (Sunburst)/Ernie Ball Earthwood ABG
              Fender P Bass (White)/DiPinto Belvedere Deluxe (Black)
              Gibson 09 Thunderbird (Sunburst)
              Fender Jazz Bass 5 string (Sunburst)/Fender HMT bass (Red)
              Gibson EBO

Comment

Working...
              X