How Do You Advertise Your Lessons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do You Advertise Your Lessons?

I'm looking to make some money over the summer as my schedule freed up with no university during the summer and my English teaching job is also out.

I put up flyers advertising guitar lessons in my neighbourhood and at bus stops and all. (and boy did it sure feel hopeless. Do all people who put up flyers feel like the situation is hopeless? Although I did cheer up seeing some of the tabs pulled while walking home)

How do you guys advertise (for the ones that give lessons obviously)? Only word of mouth?
    "The amp has been making a lot of noise and acting funky, perhaps it may be aware of the amount of rock it's about to be punished with" ~GearMannDude
    "30 days of dating doesn't seem like cheating. It seems like legitimate playing the field, and you happened to catch a pop fly..." ~Aceman
    "If all else fails, wank, fall asleep, come back to it the next day." ~GuitarStv
    "The crowd has no perception of tone...only timing and flow." ~Glassman

Re: How Do You Advertise Your Lessons?

Do you have friends that work at guitar shops? If not, make some. The first place people who want to learn guitar go is to a guitar shop.

We have a couple of programs affiliated with my shop. We have one or two independent guys who leave stacks of their business cards with us under the agreement that if a customer mentions our name, or we write our name on the business card that eventually leads to a call that leads to lessons, they give us like $20.

Wasn't our idea...it was their's, and it works well. For commissioned salesmen, $20 is a lot! I hate running out of my guitar teacher cards.

We also have a big summer enrollment 'rock school camp' program that advertises with us...they give us $100 for recommending new customers. So when mommy brings junior in for that used squier strat and a line 6 spider, they're leaving with all that, some free picks with my shop's number on it, and two or three phone numbers to call and get lessons started.

i would not waste your time doing this at shops that offer in-house lessons
    Last edited by Empty Pockets; 07-05-2010, 09:00 AM.
    green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Originally posted by Empty Pockets View Post
      Do you have friends that work at guitar shops? If not, make some. The first place people who want to learn guitar go is to a guitar shop.

We have a couple of programs affiliated with my shop. We have one or two independent guys who leave stacks of their business cards with us under the agreement that if a customer mentions our name, or we write our name on the business card that eventually leads to a call that leads to lessons, they give us like $20.

Wasn't our idea...it was their's, and it works well. For commissioned salesmen, $20 is a lot! I hate running out of my guitar teacher cards.

We also have a big summer enrollment 'rock school camp' program that advertises with us...they give us $100 for recommending new customers. So when mommy brings junior in for that used squier strat and a line 6 spider, they're leaving with all that, some free picks with my shop's number on it, and two or three phone numbers to call and get lessons started.

i would not waste your time doing this at shops that offer in-house lessons
      In all honestly, I completely forgot guitar shops. There are about 3 major ones here. As far as I know, 2/3 don't offer lessons of which one doesn't even have a message board. One of the has a message board, should hit them up. Been there a few times but I'm not exactly on a first name basis. Should pay them a visit
      "The amp has been making a lot of noise and acting funky, perhaps it may be aware of the amount of rock it's about to be punished with" ~GearMannDude
      "30 days of dating doesn't seem like cheating. It seems like legitimate playing the field, and you happened to catch a pop fly..." ~Aceman
      "If all else fails, wank, fall asleep, come back to it the next day." ~GuitarStv

Comment

Yeah man, bypass the post board and go straight to the guys selling guitars with a stack of business cards. Let 'em know they get $20 per successful referral and to introduce you as "My friend the guitar teacher"
        green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Originally posted by Empty Pockets View Post
          Yeah man, bypass the post board and go straight to the guys selling guitars with a stack of business cards. Let 'em know they get $20 per successful referral and to introduce you as "My friend the guitar teacher"
          I made some friends today and found a 4th music store. Newly set up up. 2/4 stores didn't want anything for sucessful referrals, just to come back with the students and buy a guitar/accessories/etc.

Good thing I made those 'contact/business cards' a few years ago

Comment

Working...
          X