Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pimp My Ride: An Epi Dot Makeover

Originally posted by blueman335 View Post
    I'm not a liar either. I rarely have problems with Epi toggles, and I've got a bunch of them. If oxidation is the cause, then there's probably temp or humidity issues. Sorry, but I'd rather listen to polka music than go to Nebraska.
    I'm not calling you a liar. Our experiences differ and I have no problem with that. As far as my state, etc., way to keep it classy dude.

Comment

Re: Pimp My Ride: An Epi Dot Makeover

Originally posted by blueman335 View Post
      I'm not a liar either. I rarely have problems with Epi toggles, and I've got a bunch of them. If oxidation is the cause, then there's probably temp or humidity issues. Sorry, but I'd rather listen to polka music than go to Nebraska.
      Maybe there was a bad run of them at some time or other. I had a ton of problems with my Epi toggle on my Dot. Cleaned and sprayed it three times before giving up on it and putting in a new (non-epiphone) one. The guitar has been fine for the last seven years with that one . . .

Pretty much overhauled everything on my Dot over time. Replaced the tuners with Gotoh ones, replaced the bridge and tailpiece with Tonepros, replaced the pickups (SD '59 in the neck, and Seth Lover in the bridge), replaced the pickups, pots, switch, nut (actually replaced the nut twice . . . once with TUSQ when I was using .11s with a wound G, once with bone when I was using .11s with an unwound G. The TUSQ nut seemed to sound better.) Next up on the list is replacing the frets that are all worn down . . .

Biggest change to sound seemed to come from replacing the pickups, bridge and nut. I was surprised that the bridge replacement made as much of a difference in sound as it did . . . went from more of a plink plink sound to a thoonk thoonk sound.
      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Working...
      X