banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts on Dean USA models, Hamers and similar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thoughts on Dean USA models, Hamers and similar?

Originally posted by BTMN View Post
    Hamer USA is the one brand I have NO problem buying sight unseen. Monacos as mentioned can be long scale. If pointy guitars are not a problem a Hamer Standard is the way to go. Studios, Older Sunburst models, and any run of the Special are decent guitars in my opinion. Dean has ceased production of the USA Soltero, other than custom orders, and the import version are also discontinued in favor of the longer scale Deciever. A guitar worth checking out too. The Korean made version of those are real cool.

JeffB your issues are some of the reasons Dean took it's USA inhouse January of 2008. Picking up my new Dean USA Custom shop Baby Z in a couple weeks if all goes as planned.
    #@!! Shame! Cuz if the US ones are really better than the imports, then HOLY CRAP!!

This is amazing!

Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
      That lady you have locked up in your closet looks mighty happy.

Comment

You talking about the guitar or the pic in the background?? The picture is my oldest daughter's sr picture.. I had to ask cuz Ironically the guitar is kept hidden in a closet..
        Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Good to see you still have that one. You will have to come down for the next Dean Open House in February.

What lady is he posting about Is that a glass tank in the upper right?
          Aint no pro but I know what I like....
          Guitar to sound output:
          Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

Yes, I hope I can make it to the next open house.
            Yeah, thats a big picture of my oldest (of my 5 kids) daughter..

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Some of the Hamer Monacos are long scale, it's the Elite that's 24.75 LP scale. I would mind a longer scale Monaco some day. The Subtones seem pretty cool.

Comment

Working...
              X