I feel like a cheater.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel like a cheater.

I've always considered myself a Stratocaster kind of guy, ever since I first heard Pink Floyd's DSOTM, The Wall, and several of Dire Straits' albums.

Lately my strats are resting comfortably in their respective hard cases as all my attention has been given to my MIA Telecaster.

What's up with that? I mean, what is it about this simple design of a guitar that I can't get enough of.
    I have the stock wiring with the APS2 set in there.
    I love the bridge position it takes so nicely to some overdrive. I also love the neck position. I know many people don't care for the vintage output covered neck pickup, but I can dial in such a nice warm jazzy tone by rolling off some of the tone. It just feels like butter.
    Now where the Telecaster really shines in my opinion is the middle position.
    When both pickups are used together that's what hits me where I live. The warmth from the neck, and the bite from the bridge, light OD and yeah that's what I'm talking about!
    Makes me want to get a few more tele's maybe a B Bender, a thinline, and one with the Nashville pickup config.
    Poor strats, I'll come back soon.....I hope.
    MIA Fender Deluxe Strat (Surfer Set/Custom Bridge)
    MIJ Strat APS1/APS1/PATB-3
    MIA Tele APTL-1/APTR-1
    69' SF Bassman/ 212 Avatar Cab.
    Ibanez LR10 Semi Hollow Body
    Martin D28

Re: I feel like a cheater.

Aint nothing wrong with that bro. I've only had one Tele and loved the tones but couldnt get along with the neck, actually made my hand hurt. But it felt good doing it

Comment

The strat is for posers, the tele is for workers. The middle position on the tele is wonderful I use it most all the the time plus I use the tone control a lot. Have you tried playing AC/DC style solos on the neck pickup with the tone on 10, it sounds great.
      "If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to him again." ~ Stan Laurel

Comment

When it's right, it's right. Just go with it.
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by John_L View Post
          Have you tried playing AC/DC style solos on the neck pickup with the tone on 10, it sounds great.
          Haven't tried that, I'll have to give it a whirl.
          MIA Tele APTL-1/APTR-1
          Martin D28

Comment

Shame on you... Messing around with the older sister. LOL

Yes - A Tele is a wonderful thing - not as many sounds as a Strat, but just as versatile. IMO - the bridge PU is the standout, to me the happy medium between Strat PU and Humbucker.

Comment

Speaking of the happy medium between the Strat SC and a HB... I've been thinking of a Tele with a P90 neck. That has the possibility to be awesome.
              MIA Tele APTL-1/APTR-1
              Martin D28

Comment

Working...
              X