Nfgd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nfgd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tonight

Sorry to hear that man =(. The old adage, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is, applies in this case.

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
      Those guitars typically sell for around $550. $450 is a pretty average price for a guitar that's about the same quality as Epi and PRS SE.

I'd like to see a pic of the guitar. Who knows....it may be worth doing a setup and keeping it. You may not have necessarily been burned......you just didn't steal a Custom Shop Gibson.
      +1 - I'd have been very paranoid about getting a CS Gibbo for that price. Either the cops or the original owner coming knocking on my door.....
      Blessed is he who expects little for he shall not be disappointed.
      You can educate ignorance but you can not educate stupidity.

Originally posted by stratocastered
      In a world where its necessary for a man to wax his chest, you'll find me parallel parking perfectly with a 12-pack and a full beard.
      http://www.reverbnation.com/c./a4/11...65/Artist/link

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
        Those guitars typically sell for around $550. $450 is a pretty average price for a guitar that's about the same quality as Epi and PRS SE.

I'd like to see a pic of the guitar. Who knows....it may be worth doing a setup and keeping it. You may not have necessarily been burned......you just didn't steal a Custom Shop Gibson.
        yeah like i said it played pretty well, it just went out of tune every 10 seconds. if i dont get the money back, which im just peeved on getting duped (well, my parents getting duped- and they're much more upset about it than i am) then ill give it a good setup and hold on to it for at least a bit, give it a fair shot
        Originally posted by Aceman
        It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

i should add that if this had happened anytime in the past year, i'd probably be far more pissed. but i just started a new job and my chick is moving in with me (thus halving my rent), so i'm in a good place financially at least. i can afford to play around a bit with this.

this whole fiasco has given me some awful LP GAS though, something ive managed to avoid nearly entirely up to this point
          It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

Going out of tune just means the nut slots are tight or the bridge needs to be intonated perfectly. I'll bet you could get it playing perfect. And with some Duncans in it, you'll probably dig it.

I've run across several Chinese Gibson copies, and they're very good for the $500 price range. And with the Gibson logo, they'll fool most people from a distance.

Here's who sells them. I have to admit, some of them look really nice!
            Last edited by Gearjoneser; 07-12-2010, 05:05 PM.
            Originally posted by Boogie Bill
            I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

this looks just like mine, from that site...

or from the bounry site...

Comment

my biggest question is how in the blue hell do you get to the control cavity?

Comment

got the money back.

my parents took it back to the guy tonight (told you they were pissed). they just called, said he was totally cool about it. apparently it was a friend of his who was helping out that sold them on it (i heard im in the background when they bought it saying "this is a $3500 guitar new"), and the guy whose actual yardsale it was never intended it to be advertised as a real gibson. so he gave them their money right there and took it back.

kinda bummed that i didnt have more time to play it, but i dont have a car and didnt wanna be trucking a guitar i may return back & forth on the train between me and them.

all for the best, i think. now i get to keep saving for one of these...

the irony being that is an edwards, another asian copy.

Comment

Originally posted by ex-250 View Post
                    my biggest question is how in the blue hell do you get to the control cavity?
                    The same way as you do on a real supreme... through the pickup cavity, since they are suppose to be somewhat hollow.
                    - Gibson CS ES339 - Gibson Les Paul Trad - Gibson J-200 Standard - Fender Hwy1 Strat - Gibson Captain Kirk Douglas SG - Takamine E-series Acoustic - Fender Blues Deluxe - Fender Excelsior -

Comment

yeah i know the real supremes are like that as well. that must be a ***** to do, especially if you want to change pots or something

Comment

Originally posted by phil_104 View Post
                        The same way as you do on a real supreme... through the pickup cavity, since they are suppose to be somewhat hollow.
                        actually, from what i've heard they've got an enlarged output jack hole to fit the pots through. can't really confirm that though
                        Yo, i'm Ryan™.

https://www.facebook.com/patchworklv
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=der6aGGzQTk
                        ^link to 7 tracks of my band, Patchwork

Comment

heh...jack hole.

Comment

Originally posted by ex-250 View Post
                            heh...jack hole.
                            YOUR A JACK HOLE! ...

Yo, i'm Ryan™.

https://www.facebook.com/patchworklv
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=der6aGGzQTk
                            ^link to 7 tracks of my band, Patchwork

Comment

Working...
                            X