No announcement yet.

accidental NGD.....?/or call me a fool!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• accidental NGD.....?/or call me a fool!

Sorry...no pics, but I check out MF's "used" guitars daily. These include new guitars with damage. I found a beautiful natural finish Epi SG "walnut". So, I order it and I get all the e-mails about shipping etc......It arrives at my house, I open the box (box 1), there are my picks I ordered, (box2) contains only (box 3)...I open box 3...unlike any other Epi box I have seen.....pull out this absolutely gorgeous Godin "La Patrie" classical "concert" model guitar! This thing is dripping awesome! So I look it up and it sells for over twice what I paid for the SG......but I can't do it, I can't just keep it. So I call and ask where my SG is..."sorry don't know"...Then I ask what would you like me to do with this one....they'll send me a label and would I please return it and I will get a discount on my next order. Go ahead and play it and enjoy it until the label gets there. So, I do...I love this thing!!!! so I call them and end up with this for about half what they sell them for!! 800 year old spruce top (solid) laminated back and sides...it is SO beautiful and sounds amazing!!!

I know there are those that will think me a fool for not keeping my mouth shut and just keeping the guitar...sorry, I just couldn't do it. My Mom would strike me with a lightning bolt from heaven!!!

-dave
    I don't believe anything I say and only half of what you hear....

Re: accidental NGD.....?/or call me a fool!

Good karma will come your way on that one...! Congrats on the new guitar!

Comment

Originally posted by GLJazz View Post
      Good karma will come your way on that one...! Congrats on the new guitar!

Comment

Id'a kept it, but I'm an ass like that.
        Good on you though. Karma will reward you greatly!

Comment

I know of a guy who got not 1 but 2 Hamers when he ordered just a case. Both times they shipped a case it had a guitar in it. Third time was the charm he got his case.

+1 on the karma thing.
          Aint no pro but I know what I like....
          Guitar to sound output:
          Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

you did the right thing bro, some little kid in China was crying his eyes out when he got his package...
            Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

Good man.
              Originally posted by Bad City
              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Um, um, um. I love classical guitars! haha Spain won the World Cup....I'd call it fate! ha
                Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

So Dave, are you still going to get the SG???

I knew it had been awhile since you had been off your GAS medication

Comment

I wish there were more men in the world like you. You did the right thing. You will never look in the face of that "little kid in China", but you have to live with yourself every day.

Thanks for sharing with us, and congrats on the super deal on your great guitar. So glad you love it.

Hope you can still get the SG.
                    Originally Posted by IanBallard
                    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by Will S-T View Post
                      So Dave, are you still going to get the SG???

I knew it had been awhile since you had been off your GAS medication
                      Not available, it was a discontinued model with the neck coming apart from the body...so no. But I really like this one!!!!

I need to keep taking that G.A.S. med....I think as I get older it just gets worse!!!!

-dave

Comment

Thanks for the kind words, Guys, I sometimes feel like I don't know a "bargain" when I see one. I was just taught (very firmly) if it isn't yours....then it IS NOT yours! My mom and dad were very good teachers.

-dave

Comment

Great coincidence, great buy and I hope great karma waiting for you.

Btw, who would cut a 800 year old tree. It is massacre.
                          "We live thinking we will never die. We die thinking we had never lived. Cut it out." - Jason Becker

"The Only Thing That Is Constant Is Change" - Heraclitus

sigpicHouse of Jackson, Charvel, ESP, BC Rich, Dean etc.. Fans. Come and Join us!

Comment

pics or it didn't happen

Comment

Originally posted by darnright View Post
                              I was just taught (very firmly) if it isn't yours....then it IS NOT yours! My mom and dad were very good teachers.

-dave
                              What you did was very honorable and is living proof that your parents taught you well. I'd bet large sums of money that they are very proud of you.

Originally posted by cakire82 View Post
                              Btw, who would cut a 800 year old tree. It is massacre.
                              I'm glad I'm not the only hippy around here!!
                              "It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              X